Home

Ncaa 14 "Offensive Coaching Clinic" Thread

This is a discussion on Ncaa 14 "Offensive Coaching Clinic" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 09:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OnlyOption's Arena

OVR: 0
Ncaa 14 "Offensive Coaching Clinic" Thread

This thread is designed for NCAA 14 players to share their ideas and tips for offense as if they were at a coaching clinic. During your "seminar", please directly or indirectly answer these questions:
What makes my offense so effective?
Why should others use it?
What kinds of players are needed for this offense?
What team do you use it with?
What are some stats to prove your offense's deadliness?
What are some of your base plays, and how do you use them?
I will have my offense below as an example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OnlyOption's Arena

Re: Ncaa 14 "Offensive Coaching Clinic" Thread

Purdue No Huddle "Raid n Pound" offense(Inspired by FSU's Fast Break Offense with Charlie Ward).
Formations: Mainly Ace, some shotgun, pistol, I form and wildcat sprinkled in.
I believe one of the key components of a truly dangerous offense is balance. When you are balanced, the defense can't focus on one thing, and it is harder for them to predict what's coming next. That may seem a little hypocrital for me to say, as my offense is actually 60% run, 40% pass. But I still can make teams afraid of my passing game because of the numbers I put up. For example, when I was testing this[/size] offense with New Mexico State, My QB went 11-13 for 3 TDs, and that is saying a lot because with most other offenses I am more likely to throw 3 INT than 3 touchdowns. In addition, the QB's two incompletions were on throws where the ball fell to the ground as he was hit by a defender. I am able to put up these numbers by using short, quick, air raid style throws. These are effective because not only do they spread the field for my running game, when I have ran a large number of run plays in a row and the defense calls a heavy blitz they let me get the ball out quickly and get a big gain. Air Raid passing is also system based, so if you know how to call plays and set up defenders by drawing attention to a route, you'll get a big gain every time.
The running game is what my offense is designed around, and it is explosive. In the NMSU game, I tallied up 49 points and 257 team rushing yards with no name players. And I did it in 28 minutes. The running game is so deadly because my whole offense is based off of taking what the defense is giving you. If they load the box, audible to run outside. If they have the middle of the field open, pound it up inside. If all players are loaded to one side, flip the run and run to the opposite side. If everything is well defended, call an air raid play to open back up the middle, and the cycle will start all over again. The simplicity of this offense is one of my favorite things about it. Also, when the defense is thinking run but not blitzing, play action plays give the offense a nice pop. Those concepts are what my audibles are modeled after. Going back to simplicity, though, recruiting for this offense is the easiest thing, because it will work with almost any player. While it's not required, I go after scrambling quarterbacks because of their ability to extend plays. Plus, the option adds another potent ingredient to my run game. I also look for balanced RBs, TEs, and OLs. Another thing I forgot to mention is my "series" playcalling. I divide the plays into small groups. These groups are made of running or passing plays that are very similar to each other. For example, my jet sweep series consists of jet sweep play, a fake jet sweep fake in which the ball is handed off to the running back, and a play action jet sweep play. I will call these plays close together to leave the defense confused. The addition of tempo makes the offense even deadlier. This leaves defenders tired, and they can't think well when exhausted. If you call your plays quickly, the defense can also be left unprepared. This is especially effective when playing against another user. If you're interested, please pm me for plays and formations!

Last edited by OnlyOption; 04-27-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:10 PM   #3
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

I like this concept of a coaching seminar a lot. I think this would be cool to do for defense as well.

As far as my ideal offensive philosophy, I'd have to say it's pretty similar to Baylor.

I use a custom Baylor playbook, but the default works alright. Essentially, the goal is to spread the defense out and take advantage of one-on-one opportunities in both the run and pass game. It's a basic offense as it's just a numbers game. I'll usually run 10 or 11 personnel and have a few basic plays. In a perfect world, I'd audible depending on how the defense lines up, but I don't like to give my quarterbacks too much control in the video game world as it makes the game a bit too easy in my opinion.

Therefore, I'll either roll with a bubble, slip screen, slant, hitch, comeback or go route on the outside and a sweep, power, counter, or inside zone in the run game. Most of the passing concepts are based off of play action, and once in a while, I'll run a zone read to keep the defense honest. I've only tried the playbook for one game as Utah against an FCS school, but it worked well as I racked up over 60 points (albeit, the game went into double overtime).

The personnel in this this system must be fast and athletic. I don't need possession receivers, I need fast guys who can turn a 5 yard hitch into a 90 yard touchdown and running backs who can get past the 2nd level. I will usually roll with one power back for short yardage and change of pace (think Devin Chaffin). The offensive line, surprisingly, must be big and powerful run blockers. I don't need much time to pass as most of the routes are quick hitters and the play action should buy me enough time. My goal is to make the defense respect the run, and to do that, I need guys that are strong run blockers. Ideally, I just look for an accurate quarterback who can hit go routes pretty well. A strong arm and speed are luxuries, but not necessities.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 04-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OnlyOption's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever
I like this concept of a coaching seminar a lot. I think this would be cool to do for defense as well.
I was thinking about including defense too, but there's only so much variation you have with defense. Plus, I don't know of a lot of players who use custom defensive playbooks.

College Football
Georgia Southern
Georgia Tech
Arkansas
Florida
College Basketball
Duke
Florida
Georgia State
NFL
Jaguars
Falcons
Vikings
NBA
Hawks
Old 04-28-2016, 07:07 PM   #5
Banned

jt2000's Arena

This would be tough for me. I have created a lot of custom playbooks and posted it on here. If I had to pick one offense. I would go with my all time favorite flexbone/I-Form/Wishobone option offense.

What makes my offense so effective?
It runs down the clock and give you total ball and clock control. Also you can make the defense sneak up
and go deep over top.

Why should others use it?
To control the pace of the game and the clock

What kinds of players are needed for this offense?
Scrambler QB’s
Speed RB’s/Balance FB’s

What team do you use it with?
Any team that has speed.

What are some stats to prove your offense's deadliness?
Don’t keep up with them

What are some of your base plays, and how do you use them?
Triple, Load, and Speed Option. Speed Sweeps, Triple Option Passes and
PA Passes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2016, 07:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OnlyOption's Arena

Ahh, I had a custom playbook very similar to yours, but it never seemed to work for me. I had all the reads down, but it just seemed too easy for the defense to stop.

College Football
Georgia Southern
Georgia Tech
Arkansas
Florida
College Basketball
Duke
Florida
Georgia State
NFL
Jaguars
Falcons
Vikings
NBA
Hawks
Old 04-28-2016, 09:56 PM   #7
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyOption
Ahh, I had a custom playbook very similar to yours, but it never seemed to work for me. I had all the reads down, but it just seemed too easy for the defense to stop.

I created a duel back offense. I ran it with my dynasty with New Mexico St. and now running with UNC. I just got recuirting two freshman RB's and switched a WR to QB that had the stats. So, far so good. The problem that I am facing is that I went back and corrected is I have a 4* WR and two more upperclassmen that are good. So, I went with a lot of 3 WR/2RB formations and added some flexbone to run 3 backs when I want too.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #8
Rookie

OnlyOption's Arena

Yea I've had more success with the split back veer than anything. The reads out of flexbome are very quick, and they are hard to time. 20% of the time I'll press x to hand it off but the qb doesn't do it in time.

College Football
Georgia Southern
Georgia Tech
Arkansas
Florida
College Basketball
Duke
Florida
Georgia State
NFL
Jaguars
Falcons
Vikings
NBA
Hawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »