Home

I think I FIXED the SLOWDOWN XBOX problem....

This is a discussion on I think I FIXED the SLOWDOWN XBOX problem.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 12:24 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
I think I FIXED the SLOWDOWN XBOX problem....

Like most of you, I have been reading up every post that related to this issue in hopes of a possible fix. One of the more ammusing suggestions I read was "Boiling the Disc in water" to fix this issue.

It was ammusing to me for a different reason tho. not because it is such a crazy idea, because i actually was able to repair one of my defective XBOX Magazine DEMO CDs this way that wasnt readable by the drive. So I knew this was safe but I just thought it was the most outlandish idea to try and fix this framerate issue.

But I figured what the hell, might as well try every idea.
So I brought one of my saucepans to a boil and gently placed the CD, LABEL SIDE DOWN, data side up into the boiling water making sure the entire surface is submerged and left it there for approximately 30 seconds or so then removed it....gently dried it off and even held it in my open freezer for a few seconds to cool it off.

First thing odd I noticed right away on my XBOX boot up was how FAST the splash screen loaded the data to the flashing start button in the top right corner. Then all my profile settings and such seemed to load alot quicker which really caught my attention.
I went right into my Dynasty game and played my next scheduled game. The Orange sunny day weather that casts alot of field shadows was the perfect test to see if this crazy idea would work ( this kind of day seems to give me the most lag when running up the middle )

I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to press the black coach cam button rapidly and didnt get that jerky lag that i was getting when I zoomed quickly in and out.

then the real test came i ran all trap and up the middle runs for the entire first 3 drives of the game and noticed much more fluid responsive running compared to slightly laggy or churning speed that I was having before. So far I am baffled but very pleased...I still noticed a slight slowdown near the lower goal line with running but the rest of the game seems to have improved. I still dont understand why or how....but for now, I'll enjoy it.

If any of you happen to try it, please let me know if this improves your sluggishness.

Btw, I didnt change any other settings. I am running 4/3 mode in stereo. This is exactly how I had it before I boiled the cd. In fact i may even try my old setting Letterbox mode ( simulated Widescreen ) to see if it stays smooth. I like the wider view in that mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 12:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I think I FIXED the SLOWDOWN XBOX problem....

LOL. I'm not doubting your story, but now I've seen it all!
Old 07-17-2004, 12:32 AM   #3
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

lisa i guess we have no credibility bc nobody is responding to your findings or mine.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:38 AM   #4
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

Or maybe they are busy playing the game, rather than responding to countless threads about the same slowdown problem.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:41 AM   #5
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

well, i thought i would try and be helpful. but oh well enough of that. im off to enjoy my fixed copy. ryan seacrest out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 12:43 AM   #6
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

Actually it's just SEACREST OUT! Enough of your slowdown threads, go enjoy the game.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:00 AM   #7
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Please use the sticky.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »