Home

How do you make NCAA 14 look/feel more realistic?

This is a discussion on How do you make NCAA 14 look/feel more realistic? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2016, 10:27 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How do you make NCAA 14 look/feel more realistic?

Lower Tackle slider opens up the field makes the game unleash a little more animations as well

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-15-2016, 10:26 PM   #18
Rookie

OnlyOption's Arena

OVR: 0

These posts really inspired me! jbrew, you have a great idea going with the building from nothing. I think I'll start a second dynasty with a school that doesn't have a team like Wichita State or VCU using your idea. That might have to wait until the offseason though, because I'm currently installing the triple option with a custom pb at Kentucky, and I've got two freshman quarterbacks with 80 and 85 speed each, and one is a 5-Star 78 OVR.
EDIT: How did you get this to work? I tried to start one up with UTRGV, and in teambuilder I made sure everyone was a senior, but when I started the game up it changed it back around and wouldn't let me change the years back.

College Football
Georgia Southern
Georgia Tech
Arkansas
Florida
College Basketball
Duke
Florida
Georgia State
NFL
Jaguars
Falcons
Vikings
NBA
Hawks

Last edited by OnlyOption; 05-16-2016 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:46 PM   #19
Rookie

OnlyOption's Arena

OVR: 0

How low would you suggest? I had the slider at like 30-ish at one point, and there were like 3 broken tackles every play.

College Football
Georgia Southern
Georgia Tech
Arkansas
Florida
College Basketball
Duke
Florida
Georgia State
NFL
Jaguars
Falcons
Vikings
NBA
Hawks
Old 05-16-2016, 04:48 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyOption
How low would you suggest? I had the slider at like 30-ish at one point, and there were like 3 broken tackles every play.
You will have to adjust the RBA Slider + Run Blocking slider without question in order to get the lower tackle slider to work.

But once you find a sweet spot you'll see how it opens up the game for WR's doing run after the catch and even on special teams Punt Returners and Kick Off returners will find more open running lanes because the tackle slider directly effects defensive players pursuit angles

We must also remember that college kids are prone to making mistakes and sometimes that leads to bad tackling and this is where I think some guys tend to over think it and simply can't deal with a few broken tackles doing the game but other wise you tend to take away the CPU's ability to even make big plays on the ground if you can't accept some broken tackles.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »