Home

BIG HIT! Do you ever use it?

This is a discussion on BIG HIT! Do you ever use it? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2004, 11:58 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: BIG HIT! Do you ever use it?

I dont use the hit stick too often but i do use the strip ball button, works wonders.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:57 PM   #18
Banned

mwynn05's Arena

OVR: 1

i mainly use it when a reciever is comeing over the missle to catch a pass and about the time they catch it an MLB blows them up
Old 07-18-2004, 01:09 PM   #19
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

conboy31 said:
I mostly use it on kickoff. Seems like the safest and most effective time to use it.

That's what I do as well...or when I'm going in for the sack.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:57 PM   #20
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I use it a lot. I use it on every kickoff and will do it when guys run up the middle mainly. I won't use it in the open field to make sure I get a sure tackle. The best uses of it are when receivers go over the middle and you take them out and blindsiding a QB for a sack. I've caused plenty of fumbles doing that.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:51 PM   #21
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

...i don't use it but, it seems when i 'dive tackle', square , i'll get credit for a big hit. are these the same this year?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 01:46 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was playing as FSU agaisnt Miami at home in the second year of my dynasty. It was pouring down raining and the score was 3-0 Miami late in the 3rd quarter. Miami was steadily moving down the field and their slot guy was burning me on every play. They had made it to my 30 yd line and the qb throws a bomb while I am in man to man 4-3 coverage. I just have that feeling that I'm either burnt again or its going to be a big catch. So I say what the hay, let's see what the big hit button does. "User big hit" jumps on the screen and the guy is laid out. The yellow flags fly and I am screaming at the ref while at the same time the coach is being held back by a zebra. They get 15 yards and now I know I'm getting scored on. But now, just like a real game the crowd gets into and BAM! the right end gets around for his own Big Hit on the QB for -10 yds. The next play I blitz the LOLB and BLAM! the QB is blindsided for another -7! Then on 3rd and forever the same slot back is murdered by the FS coming across the middle. They set up the field goal and the crowd is going crazy. WIDE RIGHT!!!

I came back and won this one in one of my best video game moments of all time!! I went and checked the slot wr's rating before I finished the game and he had a (-7) besides his rating. I didn't see it in the manual (along with how to play it ) but does the rating change after big hits? I know composure makes a difference.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:49 PM   #23
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

I use it, but it's weird. I only get credited for a USER BIG HIT but once in a while, despite using it quite a bit.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:53 PM   #24
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

quietcool72 said:
I use it, but it's weird. I only get credited for a USER BIG HIT but once in a while, despite using it quite a bit.

Same here. I only get credited witha User Big Hit if I hit him square on...if I hit him partially it won't say anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »