Home

Super Zones - Am I the only seeing it

This is a discussion on Super Zones - Am I the only seeing it within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Super Zones - Am I the only seeing it

Been reading a lot in the slider posts and haven't seen a big hoopla about this. Not as big as say last year's attempt to solve QB Accuracy.

Just played a game v Hawaii a team that should be able to pass at will against most teams in the country. I was just playing as my lowly Air Force (they really do suck in the game this year) and Hawaii QB went something like 15-40.

Is this going to be a house rule where you can only call m-to-m or is their a fix. I thought it would be a bigger problem to see a QB even on his good day complete 50%.

Maybe a house rule is in order although that would suck big time. Although after all the house rules last year it would be that big of a problem.

If there's a way around it, let me know or post me to a good set of sliders. I have tried a lot of the sliders in the slider thread but they still can't solve the CPU ability to pass in zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 10:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Davel23's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Super Zones - Am I the only seeing it

I'm seeing it. I can pick a cover 2 and cover 3 all game and the CPU hardly completes a pass unless it has 5+ seconds to throw. When I choose a Man defense they usually complete passes consistantly.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Guys, I'm seeing it as well. I've got it set to where the CPU has an effective rushing attack, even the mobile qbs are getting out of the pocket and running for 50-70 yards a game. But, I haven't figure d out how to get the CPU to pass more efficiently. Granted the CPU will rack up 250 yards but it's on 13-40 passing.

I've played around with zones and man. Still seems the computer is having a hard time getting it in there.

My best guess, is that the composure effect is having an adverse effect on the passing game.

All in all, I'm still enjoying this game. If I have to live with 15-35 passing by the CPU, I can deal with it.

I'm going to try taking down human awr level down some more. I've already maxed out cpu qb accuracy and wr throwing. I may even try knocking down human knockdown and int some more.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:53 PM   #4
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

this is why i have been waiting.

http://sportsgamer.blogspot.com/

read down to his thoughts on NCAA 2005. bill abner is one of the most respected sports reviewers and he loves all the previous NCAA games.

i had a lot of fun with 2004 and may just stick with it.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:58 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I run zone all game and cpu does just fine, i think it's you guys imagination..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 12:07 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

ODogg said:
I run zone all game and cpu does just fine, i think it's you guys imagination..

How fine-has the CPU QB completed over 50% of it's passes in any game you have played?
Old 07-18-2004, 12:10 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

cpu is 9 of 14 right now in this game i'm in
Old 07-18-2004, 12:19 AM   #8
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Couldn't some of it be the whole HFA and composure implementation this year. I mean last year all the guys were always what they are. I mean if he was 85 rated, thats whay he was all game. Now though, if they get off then they can drop extremely low in their stats and sometimes they never get back to normal the whole game.

Also maybe everytime a ball is thrown and batted or just not caught that boosts the DB's composure and stats just making it worse.

Just thinking out loud....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »