Home

not satisfied?

This is a discussion on not satisfied? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2004, 03:18 PM   #17
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: not satisfied?

I just had to post this somewhere but like half of my incompletions is that gay animation where this DB does this Michael Jordan jump from the free throw line leap..........BACKWARDS!!!!! That may be the most horrible, most unrealistic animation I have ever seen.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:29 PM   #18
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Squint said:
I think the "learning to play the game comment is getting real old, real quick" is a cop out. People that have that line of thinking want the game to play by itself.

Then don't learn to play it. Keep sucking and blaming EA or take the game back.

Jeeze - people these days will quickly blame others but they won't look in the mirror.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:30 PM   #19
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

Quote:

Rocky said:
I just had to post this somewhere but like half of my incompletions is that gay animation where this DB does this Michael Jordan jump from the free throw line leap..........BACKWARDS!!!!! That may be the most horrible, most unrealistic animation I have ever seen.

set your feet.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:32 PM   #20
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

"
Finally, the stats you posted from the game above were between two SEC teams with good receivers."

And good defenses.

Robo QB is gone. That accounts for the low CPU numbers. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:35 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

This game is crap. I'm in my 3rd freakin season in my dynasty with UM, and my QB only completed 41% and 39% the past two seasons. On top of that, I'm halfway thru my 3rd, and I got a 33% completion rating. I have some of the best receivers in the nation. In fact, if it wasn't for my unrealistic 3000 yards season running game, I wouldn't have won the National title the last two seasons against USC. I'm playing on All-American, for future reference.

There is no excuse for all these dropped passes. If a receiver can get his hands on it, then he can catch it, with the regular average choke every now and then. There is no way DB's can break on balls in real life the way they do in this game. To the guy who said we just want to win by 80 points, well I won my last two games 95-17 against Wake Forest, and against FSU 91-3. I threw 7 TD's in each game, but they were all bombs and my QB completion percentage was 39% in both games.

Another things, If I wanna read defenses and go through my progressions, then I'll wait for REAL football practice to start. I just wanna find the open guy and make a nice pass. [censored] EA, I bet they installed the same system in Madden too. I'm getting ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 03:39 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 3
This game blows on Xbox

That's a fact.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:41 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why can't people complain bdunn??? Were just suppose to take it. According to you We can either 1) keep the game even though we don't like it and keep our mouth shut or 2) take it back and not have NCAA and keep our mouth shut

I want option 3, having a NCAA Football game that I enjoy.

I'm torn on this game, there are some great add-ins they did, but the issues with the xbox slowdown is hard to take. I'm not happy about it and I sure don't want slowdown in the next year's version so I will bitch and bitch loudly.

As far as the passing game, I agree with a previous poster in that it's easier to complete a bomb versus a short slant. I like having a challenge so I am giving it more time but it is far to easy to complete a bomb versus other pass plays and that is extremely unrealistic.

I would like to see them go back to last years passing system but add in a "read and lead" type feature that Fever had. That would be a solid system. If a receiver is open they should catch it most of the time if it is delivered on the numbers. Incomplete passes should be based on db coverage, pass accurracy, and receiver rating. In their current systems perfectly thrown balls hit wide open excellent receivers and they botch it on a regular basis. Some plays and patterns you cannot use because you know the receiver will drop it on that route. That is not correct.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:41 PM   #24
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

Re: This game blows on Xbox

Quote:

thelovebelow said:
That's a fact.

WOW, I just looked it up in the 2005 sports gamers almanac and you are correct. Page 104, "NCAA 2005 blows."

Nice.

Take it back, don't play it. Life is too short to play things that "blow."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »