Home

Not understanding the criticism for NCAA Football

This is a discussion on Not understanding the criticism for NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2004, 09:32 PM   #9
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Not understanding the criticism for NCAA Football

SDSU's kicker is rated a 40 and absolutely sucks. I can't even kick a FG at the 19. He's a redshirt freshmen and I researched his HS career. It wasn't the most horrible thing, he was 10-12 with a 44 yarder his senior year.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:40 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

the xbox version gets mutilated with slowdown and inconsistant network play. the game isn't perfect, but reviewers and a majority of the public are all too willing to let EA slide past with an inferior effort.

for all the talk about how the passing game needs to be refined and tweaked, it's baloney. cross patterns up the middle and quick 6 yard strikes should not be dropped. never. i couldn't care less about Home Field Advantage or composure ratings. receivers who aren't able to drag in quick strikes should not be playing, no matter which division you're in. it's bull****. the computer can't even reliably hit strikes, and i've had too many games with quarterbacks throwing 10/40. this should be figured out before the game ships. adding sliders isn't a substitute for poor testing and bad game AI.

the in-game clock shows i've been playing 2005 for roughly 12 hours in the 5 days i've owned the game. i've used the sliders, played around with the settings, but am tired of having games where there are 10-20 rushing attempts and 40 throws, regardless of the team. this isn't how football is played, and it's laughable that EA could let a game that plays like a beta out for public consumption.

i'm willing to let the slowdown slide, but [censored] gameplay i can't.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:51 PM   #11
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

elscorcho said:
the xbox version gets mutilated with slowdown and inconsistant network play. the game isn't perfect, but reviewers and a majority of the public are all too willing to let EA slide past with an inferior effort.

The network play for the past few days plus now, has been fine for me and lets not exaggerate...calling the slowdown "mutilating".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 09:54 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

This slowdown thing is totally overrated. I hardly even notice it.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:09 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

p2xgamers said:
The network play for the past few days plus now, has been fine for me and lets not exaggerate...calling the slowdown "mutilating".

yes, the strongest system spec wise should not have the worst case of slowdown. the gamecube and PS2 version run smoothly. there really is no excuse.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:12 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 6

Why is Game Stop offering a $30 discount if you turn NCAA 2k5 in for Madden? That's telling me something. What is EA hiding?
Old 07-18-2004, 10:20 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

D_Money said:
Why is Game Stop offering a $30 discount if you turn NCAA 2k5 in for Madden? That's telling me something. What is EA hiding?

$$$$$$$$$$

They can probably resell NCAA for $45. Then selling Madden to you for $20. 20 + 45 = 65. That's $15 more than they could get if they just sold Madden to you straight up for 50.

And what would EA have anything to do with it? Maybe I'm crazy here, but Game Stop is not owned by EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 10:30 PM   #16
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:

GeePee20 said:
Quote:

D_Money said:

$$$$$$$$$$

They can probably resell NCAA for $45. Then selling Madden to you for $20. 20 + 45 = 65. That's $15 more than they could get if they just sold Madden to you straight up for 50.

And what would EA have anything to do with it? Maybe I'm crazy here, but Game Stop is not owned by EA.

Not to mention if you bought the game from them, they already have you for $50. So that's $50+$20+$45=$115 for 2 games.... $15 profit.... per person that does this "deal..."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »