Home

Is it really worth it...

This is a discussion on Is it really worth it... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 09:00 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Is it really worth it...

unlike almost everybody in here, i have no trouble catching the ball, and neither does the cpu's receivers. i tweaked my sliders on aa and i'm having a blast....it's a ton better than last year's, imo. last year, just get some fast receivers, and you could run crossing routes all day...this year, no way...it's pretty solid.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm still messing around with 2005, and I haven't totally given up on it, but I would advise you to give it a miss. There are some pretty cool additions (player discipline in Dynasty mode for instance), but overall the game seems sloppy, almost thrown together. NCAA 2005 is generally choppy, it features several gaffes which should have been caught in play-testing (like the opposing coach pulling your player aside and chewing him out for a mistake), and its pasing game is really frustrating, even with slider adjustments. It's just my take, but I am seriously considering going back to 2004.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:54 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 14

Here is my opinion on the game so far..

I found the game enjoyable playing on varsity..at times a bit easy. This was the first few days..once I got the basic controls down.

so I bumped up to AA and that's when the game became frustrating. The DB's are very tough and the LB's playing underneath close to quickly on the ball to bat down balls consistently. I find it a lot of the times my WR's catch the impossible balls rather than the easy/open ones.

Perfectly setup HB-screens, my HB's more times than not will drop that pass. Open guys on the slant drop the ball.

Running game - can't really comment on that because Illinois Offensive Line sucks, so my RB has to be real creative in which hole to choose/ or attempt to run through.

So what I have just decided to do was play with a Powerhouse School and see if the gameplay changes.. or is Illinois just that bad.

I for one.. don't really like tinkering around with sliders...have this strange feeling like I would throwing the balance off to far right or too far left.. I don't know.. I guess I would have to get "Fun" out of this game.

So I am on the fence for now...but I will end saying that I have always thought NCAA series from EA was always the best football game out there.. This year I am not sure if I will still have that same belief but it's still too early to tell right now.

Thanks for your time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »