Home

Solution to dropped passes (credit to direck76 @ maddenmania.com)

This is a discussion on Solution to dropped passes (credit to direck76 @ maddenmania.com) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 09:03 AM   #25
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Solution to dropped passes (credit to direck76 @ maddenmania.com)

Quote:

hogd said:
funny post really...most people i play have been Manually catching balls for years...grats on the find!

You're awesome! Guy makes a constructive post to help people out and you have to be a smartass. Way to go buddy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 09:34 AM   #26
Rookie

MaXx's Arena

OVR: 2

I tried this on one game last night and went 14-30 for like 250 yards. That's a BIG step up for me, hopefully i'll get better at it and my passes will improve dramatically.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:39 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Julian23 said:
this is interesting...my question would be...

when you press the Y button, does it come up and say "user catch"? or does it not even say that?

I'm curious about this also...can someone answer this?

This is a big find, I hope this helps me out when I try it later. My completion % has been terrible.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:09 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

cjtiger300 said:
I have tried this and it works. It has considerbly decreased the amount of dropped ball for me and alot of people over there at MM.

My team dropped most of the passes thrown until I realized that if you press the (Y) button (triangle on PS2)on the XBOX controller even though you are not in control of the player he will catch the ball a lot more than he did before. I test this in practice using several different plays. I threw ten passes without pressing the (Y) button (triangle on PS2) at the time of the catch my receiver caught 3 passes. Using the same play I threw ten more times pressing the (Y) (triangle on PS2) button each time and the receiver caught 7 of 10 passes thown to him. Try this out and it may keep you from giving up on a great game. Now crazy tips I can't help ya there. Hope this helps others it seems to work for me.

derick76

Thats right guys you just have to press the button. You don't even have to take controll of the WR. Try it and post your results here please.

Edit: Some people are also saying it work with DB's also.

I have always done this. Back to Madden & NCAA in the mid-90's on the PS1. It used to tell you to do this in the manual. Right out of the package, I had only 2 or 3 drops a game and those were usually "bullet" passes to the RB in the flat because I held the button too long.

I posted this as well in the slider discussion thread, that you need to press the triangle on the PS2 as the ball gets close to the receiver.

I am confident that there is validity to this statement.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:30 AM   #29
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:

fistofrage said:
I have always done this. Back to Madden & NCAA in the mid-90's on the PS1. It used to tell you to do this in the manual. Right out of the package, I had only 2 or 3 drops a game and those were usually "bullet" passes to the RB in the flat because I held the button too long.

I posted this as well in the slider discussion thread, that you need to press the triangle on the PS2 as the ball gets close to the receiver.

I am confident that there is validity to this statement.

I was just about to post the same thing... this has always worked for Madden and NCAA. Hell, you can even use the analog stick to control where you attempt to make the catch (up for jump, left/right for a side catch, etc...)

This is a BIG find...? Well... at least it's helping some of ya!
Old 07-19-2004, 10:54 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Pared said:
This is a BIG find...? Well... at least it's helping some of ya!

For me yes, this is a big find because I've been playing Madden/NCAA since Genesis days and I've never done this - I've only hit the catch button when the star is on the reciever. I've also never had a problem catching the ball until NCAA 2005.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:16 PM   #31
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I usually switch to the receiver and get a user catch, but I'll give this a try too. The catching doesn't bother me so much because I still get 50-65% completions most of the time (gotten good at seeing who is open and getting them the ball). I want the computer to have a higher completion percentage. They are starting to complete a lot more on AA with adjusted sliders, now they just have to complete a decent percentage and the game will be perfect for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 12:19 PM   #32
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

Interesting find.....I've always pressed the 'Y' button on defense thinking my corners will go for the ball......is not that big of a deal....way to go!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »