Home

Solution to dropped passes (credit to direck76 @ maddenmania.com)

This is a discussion on Solution to dropped passes (credit to direck76 @ maddenmania.com) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 01:23 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Solution to dropped passes (credit to direck76 @ maddenmania.com)

Quote:

uconn7 said:
Quote:

Julian23 said:
this is interesting...my question would be...

when you press the Y button, does it come up and say "user catch"? or does it not even say that?

I'm curious about this also...can someone answer this?

This is a big find, I hope this helps me out when I try it later. My completion % has been terrible.

To answer the above question, no it does not count as a "User Catch" or a "User Pick." In order to be awarded with those you have to have full control of the player doing the catching.

In the method used here, you are not directly controlling the player, but instead allowing him to run out his route, and you just aid him in terms of when to make the catching motion.

I also use this method on defense, and find it works nicely. I picked a ball off using this method, but was not credited with a "User Pick," not was I credited with a "User Catch" when I pull one in without taking full control on offense.

Take care.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:39 PM   #34
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

I just tried this out in my dynasty with Mississippi State @ LSU.

My QB, Omarr Connor, went 15-25 (60%), 214yds, 3TD, 0INT, 171.5 rating and a long of 41 yds.

This was on AA with my own sliders.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:52 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

was just about to post the same thing... this has always worked for Madden and NCAA. Hell, you can even use the analog stick to control where you attempt to make the catch (up for jump, left/right for a side catch, etc...)

RIGHT or LEFT analog?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 07:19 PM   #36
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

I tried this method and I did notice a few less dropped balls. Still finished 10-31 with Chris Rix against Syracuse.

I think the bigger problem here is not the drops. but more so the super DBs that can close basically any gap before the ball gets there.

I paid very close attention in my last game to where the DBs were on every play. I think the reason why most people's incompletion rate is so high is because when you see an open man with seperation, you throw the ball. The problem is he won't be open when the ball gets there most of the time.

I ran the same play quite a few times to see if maybe I was waiting too long to throw the ball or throwing too early. The slot receiver lines up on the left and does a down and out to the sideline. As he makes his cut, he's got a step, but when I throw the ball, not only is the man in position, but another defender has joined him to insure that I will not make the catch. It's almost like they bait you into throwing for that split second he was open.

There are just not that many plays where you are going to see enough seperation for it to matter and I do not expect my guys to catch the ball in coverage.

But back to the original topic. I will agree that this method does work well for an open receiver...just don't expect it to help you in coverage...it won't. I only dropped about 2 passes in my last game. Unfortunately, I was blanketed by super DBs the rest of the time.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:46 PM   #37
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:

JayBee74 said:
RIGHT or LEFT analog?

Left analog... don't press X to take control of the receiver and use the left analog stick to control different things....
Old 07-19-2004, 07:58 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

I used this new strategy and it seemed to work..

I love to use the left analog stick.. sometimes its more effective.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:27 PM   #39
H*rt M*n! L*c*l S*p*rh*r*

bryan_05's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

WallyHoppIII said:
I used this new strategy and it seemed to work..

I love to use the left analog stick.. sometimes its more effective.

Good things are in the instruction manual.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:26 PM   #40
Rookie

cjtiger300's Arena

OVR: 1

I am glad this is helping guys!!!! I have to try the analog thing too. I will post my finding tonight. As far as the zone goes. I have found the under routes good zone busters. Also if you keep beating them in zone they will switch to man coverage more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »