Home

7/16, 91 yards and a TD at halftime of a home game...

This is a discussion on 7/16, 91 yards and a TD at halftime of a home game... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 12:41 PM   #9
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 7/16, 91 yards and a TD at halftime of a home game...

Quote:

poppapump2 said:
I'm going to have to agree there. And before I start getting the "you're doing it wrong/you don't like a challenge/its you" responses that seem to crop up on this board as soon as someone voices a complaint, let me explain something. I have been console gaming for 30 years. I have been there for every inception of Madden, NCAA/Bill Walsh, etc on every platform. I have played these series to death. I know what I am doing, and I know how to play EA football games.

Its the game.

Ok, you are right, I am wrong. I have imagined that I have left the sliders at default on AA and my completion % has gone up 20% in the past 3 days .... I have not passed for over 50% 5 out of the last 6 games.

My bad. My practice did not help me at all. What in the heck am I thinking.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:51 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well, you are obviously one in a million. From what I see on this board and others, most people have the same problems with the passing game.

But then you can just come on here and dismiss everyone's complaints because you are just. that. good.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:54 PM   #11
Rookie

See the thing is this isn't NCAA 2004, it isn't Bill Walsh or Madden football of previous years. It is a different pasing game, and more emphasis is put on timing and especially the movement of your QB. I used to dominate at Baseball Simulater 2000 for the SNES, EA Sports MVP 2004 was a new challenge different than I was used to. I think the passing game is more challenging, but at the same time I complete alot of long bombs into coverage I never would've tried before.

Be patient, going three and out isn't good but it's football. Mix up your plays, pay attention to your QB's body language before throwing the ball. There are several things to do to get better but mainly just play and see what works. I struggled with Madden last year, alot...I have no idea why, I dominated 2003 and I struggled with 2004. I eventually tweaked my game and really focused on play calling, seemed to help but it was frustrating at first.

Jackie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 12:55 PM   #12
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

poppapump2 said:
Well, you are obviously one in a million. From what I see on this board and others, most people have the same problems with the passing game.

But then you can just come on here and dismiss everyone's complaints because you are just. that. good.

Actualy I have seen quite a few people that have said practice helps. I am not that good, thats why I actuly entered pratice mode unlike years past.

So if I am one in a million, I need to buy some lottery tickets after work.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:08 PM   #13
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

poppapump2 said:

Actualy I have seen quite a few people that have said practice helps. I am not that good, thats why I actuly entered pratice mode unlike years past.

So if I am one in a million, I need to buy some lottery tickets after work.

chalk me up for the "practice makes perfect" kool-aid. I wanted to break this game in half Saturday, but I sat in practice mode, and things started getting better. I'm not perfect yet, but I'm competitive. My old NCAA mentality was to drop back and wait for my main reciever to get open, then throw him the ball. Now I have to read the routes against the defense, figure out who will be open, and throw the ball at the right time. Big adjustment for my mental game, making all the reads and checkdowns, so it's taking time.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:31 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

poppapump2 said:

practice does help. like i've posted in other threads had my first game of over 50% last nite (59% to be exact) 13 of 22 for 255 yards, 3TD's. I run the ball often but pass when i need to.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:38 PM   #15
Rookie

tlavell's Arena

bdunn13,

I totally agree. I love this game without slider tweeks. I go the practice session before every game session just to stay sharp. I don't know how you practice, but I pick a play and then run it against random defensive plays from the appropriate formation for that play. It has helped my play greatly. I'm playing AA/8 min. I still get good stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 01:48 PM   #16
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm running default AA as well. I plan on playing online alot and dont want to have to try and get use to two different styles of sliders.

Practice does help and if your like me you prolly need to spend a few days in practice mode. Not just for passing but kicking too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »