Home

Indy company working on new ncaa game??

This is a discussion on Indy company working on new ncaa game?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 11:24 AM   #73
Rookie

OReilly10's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Indy company working on new ncaa game??

I appreciate these guys' passion and effort for sure.

Te licensing and legal red tape is one side of it... Judging by EA's reluctance so far, it seems like a pretty major and restrictive obstacle. These guys were talking like $200K to Alabama alone for licensing (is that just for one release?).

To me though, that is the easy part

After the monumental effort and cost there, they would need to create a playable football game. Making rather fixed, linear, maybe side scrolling indy game is one thing... But the physics of a playable and realistic sports game with so many moving parts and variables that passes the approval of millions of knowledgeable fans seems like a mountain of a task for anyone... One minor detail in the gameplay missed or uncalibrated even by EA Sports is potentially game-breaking. It would take many, many millions of dollars, and programmers/testers to create anything on par with today's sports releases. And that is with owners/management who know exactly what they are doing. Basically a full start-up game company focused on one game, already in a debt hole and needing to make payroll.

I just do not believe it is possible for novices to create anything even close to EA's NCAA. Something like dynasty league baseball would be attainable, and maybe a good launching point to bigger and better things. With customization, they might not even need licensing. The $800K or whatever they want would probably get that done.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:16 PM   #74
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey guys, if any are interested in more of the details from IMV Gaming developing a new college football game here's their kickstarter. Just launched today at noon:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on-championstm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hqdefault.jpg (42.2 KB, 96 views)
Old 09-02-2016, 03:08 PM   #75
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

OVR: 0

https://twitter.com/IMVGAMING/status/771739875330502661

has a 13 second video of a stadium they made
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 04:33 PM   #76
Rookie

It looks like a scam to me. They have 2 marketers leading the charge, with 2 3D artists as programmers. The only thing they have right now is a stadium rendering, and they think 350k is all they'll need to create a brand new football game from the ground up? That's shady. Be careful with this one guys.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #77
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTASHIRO
It looks like a scam to me. They have 2 marketers leading the charge, with 2 3D artists as programmers. The only thing they have right now is a stadium rendering, and they think 350k is all they'll need to create a brand new football game from the ground up? That's shady. Be careful with this one guys.

First of all, it's 850k, not 350k. Second of all, on Kickstarter, the way it works is that you pledge a certain amount, and if it gets funded they charge you then. So, if you pledge 50$, and it doesn't get fully funded, you never get charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 04:43 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWork123
First of all, it's 850k, not 350k. Second of all, on Kickstarter, the way it works is that you pledge a certain amount, and if it gets funded they charge you then. So, if you pledge 50$, and it doesn't get fully funded, you never get charged.
850k gets you "fully customizable" 350k is AI/UI devlopment. And I know how kickstarter works, I also know that several kickstarters hit their goals(and 350k is high but it isn't that high) take your money and then bolt. It's not uncommon.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:44 PM   #79
Rookie

Whelp I can't read. Assumed that the first goal was what they wanted, which is what every other kickstarter does. You are correct, it is 850k. Be careful regardless.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:49 PM   #80
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTASHIRO
Whelp I can't read. Assumed that the first goal was what they wanted, which is what every other kickstarter does. You are correct, it is 850k. Be careful regardless.
the thing is if they reach 850k then more investors would give them money. kickstarter is just the first way to get funds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »