Home

Indy company working on new ncaa game??

This is a discussion on Indy company working on new ncaa game?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 11:55 AM   #65
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Indy company working on new ncaa game??

I'd say give this a chance...like anything, it takes a process. But I think our support would be vital. Looks to me like they're taking the proper steps toward making this come together at some point, and I'm supporting, whether it takes off or not. But if we sit back w/ our arms folded, then expect your doubts to take shape..ijs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 12:24 PM   #66
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
They will need clarification from the courts before they can go forward. Until that happens I doubt whether the NCAA licensing body - code for lawyers - can give them a firm answer as to what they can or can't put into the game.
No, there is nothing legally preventing the CLC or the schools from licensing use of the school names, stadiums, uniforms, etc. The legal complication is for player likenesses. Randomizing players on default rosters should get around the issue, but still allow the game to contain, say, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the Florida State Seminoles (just not with "real" rosters).
Old 08-27-2016, 12:34 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Apparently they are going with the name Gridiron Champions. Every video they release leaves me less faithful in the game they'll create.

― Plato
Old 08-27-2016, 04:13 PM   #68
MVP

One of the guys was on a local sports radio show, he said it would be around 2019 before a game would be released.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 08-27-2016, 06:28 PM   #69
Pro

jkits's Arena

The good thing is, if they plan to release it in 2019, that's ample time for them to gather the resources they need to develop a game. They even mentioned making it fully customizable, which i think would be a good thing if they can't get/afford the ncaa licenses. Time will only tell, but this is somethin that can't be rushed, esp something grass roots as a video game on a major platform...again I think our "support" is what will help them gain resources, so that there's an actual marketplace for it. Its still a business as well...#2Cents
Old 08-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #70
Rookie

OReilly10's Arena

OVR: 7

I have almost no faith at all they can make this happen... at least anything worthwhile.

All the physics and game engine mechanics EA had... developed over many years. With almost endless resources compared to a startup. Then you factor in all the game presentation stuff, mixing of everything visually and the audio. It'll be impossible.

If the logistics and licensing were merely a money and effort thing, EA would be doing it and putting out the game. Not only do these guys need to do that, they need to create a gaming company on top of it.

The best route is to create... like a deep NCAA Football Simulator software/game... high customization and create a huge online community.

Maybe even try to create a "football" game and just work on that. Then open it up to all modders and customization and let it take on a life of its own...

Trying to re-create an EA-style game is too monumental for a couple of guys, no matter how passionate
Old 08-29-2016, 05:17 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by OReilly10
I have almost no faith at all they can make this happen... at least anything worthwhile.

All the physics and game engine mechanics EA had... developed over many years. With almost endless resources compared to a startup. Then you factor in all the game presentation stuff, mixing of everything visually and the audio. It'll be impossible.

If the logistics and licensing were merely a money and effort thing, EA would be doing it and putting out the game. Not only do these guys need to do that, they need to create a gaming company on top of it.

The best route is to create... like a deep NCAA Football Simulator software/game... high customization and create a huge online community.

Maybe even try to create a "football" game and just work on that. Then open it up to all modders and customization and let it take on a life of its own...

Trying to re-create an EA-style game is too monumental for a couple of guys, no matter how passionate
I think you'd be amazed at what some indie teams could do. Tiburon wasn't exactly setting the world on fire with this series. I'm not saying I'm a believer in them as my previous posts show how I feel, but I do have plenty of indie games in my own library that are AAA quality.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 10:58 AM   #72
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OReilly10

One thing I will say is that if they focus on making a football game that allows customization and deliver it, then they have room to grow. Expecting a game that has all the bells and whistles, licenses, even gameplay features, is not even what I'm looking for. Im supporting them to actually execute delivering a game on the market. If they can do that, then my support grows larger as well, and I'm sure everyone else's will. My support only shows that I want a college football game. Their investors NEED to see that there's a market, in order to give them the $ needed to fund developing even a generic game...At least these guys are taking a step that no else is...IJS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »