Home

Dirty disk errors. I'm about to kill someone.

This is a discussion on Dirty disk errors. I'm about to kill someone. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 10:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Dirty disk errors. I\'m about to kill someone.

I have been getting a ridiculous amount of DDEs playing this game. I have attempted 5 games, and on every one I have gotten a DDE less than halfway through the first quarter. I have a launch Xbox with a Thompson drive. Anyways, does anyone else have a problem with them as bad as this? I'd like to believe it's the game, but it probably is the Xbox, and I don't want to spring for a new one. I simply don't have the cash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 10:22 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Dirty disk errors. I\'m about to kill someone.

I fell your pain you dont know how much I do. I have the same problems only on PS2 now i have sent it off for repair. The wait is unbearable. Im only making it because of Gamecube and Gamefly.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:43 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, if I get them to repair it for free, I might go that way. In the meantime, I'll have to make do with Final Fantasy X, and simming games in dynasty mode.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Same thing was happening to me with my Thompson drive X-Box. I could play other games, even NCAA 2004, but I was getting those DDE messages almost everytime like you.

I bit the bullet and traded my X-BOX in at Gamestop the other day (got $80 credit) for a new X-Box. Since the trade, I haven't got the mesage once and that's with some heavy playing everyday.

I heard after I traded (on one of these forums, not sure which one) that there might be some sort of recall on the Thompson drives by Microsoft. I don't know if that's wishful thinking or if there's something to it, but it's worth a look into.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:33 PM   #5
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Same problem, but my XBOX is like 1 month to go before it blows up or just craps out on me...but it is probably your system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 11:58 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I was in the EXACT same boat as you last week. My solution? I took apart the damn thing and cleaned the lens, mirror, and tray. Result? No more DDE's. I'm not saying to do this unless you're confident but it really work wonders for me.

There is a step by step tutorial on the net w/ pictures that shows you how to do it. Give it a google search.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:02 AM   #7
Rookie

Alright jistic, I'll give it a try. I just really don't want to send it in, with ESPN coming Wed., and NCAA just sitting there and begging to be played. If this works, you sir, are my god.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:02 PM   #8
Rookie

I had the same problem with 2004. About a month ago my hard drive gave out and I had to get a new x box. I'd take advantage of the 80 credit before it blows. I only got 30 for my broken xbox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »