Home

Players needing discipline...

This is a discussion on Players needing discipline... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2004, 04:47 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Players needing discipline...

Quote:

Mike Mason for my UNC dynasty was caught paying other students to take exams for him and do

Oh not cool! Mason just broke the TD record for UNC in my dynasty. I can't stay mad at him.

Yea i guess you can't be nice on the suspensions because the league gets mad at you.

<<< 2 year probation

Old 07-22-2004, 01:06 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Yeah, see, I could be headed for troubled waters.

In my Season 1 of my Dynasty, I really didn't have many player discipline issues at all. So, when they give you the option adjust your budget, I put recruiting at 55%, training at 35%, and discipline at 10%.

I could be paying the rent for that decision though. Through my first 5 games of Season 2, I've already used up all of my discipline points, leaving players to do as they wish without any fear of recourse. The NCAA is getting more and more interested in my program as the weeks go by. Hopefully, the guys will settle down so I can keep my program off of probation.

What did we learn here? As unimportant as it may seem, NEVER only allow your discipline just 10% of your budget. You'll pay for it later.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:27 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

After your first year in dynasty, when you're able to allot a % of the budget for discipline, has anyone set theirs at or near 30 and had a much smoother year 2? i played 1 season with USC, and i had a few problems, handed out a few punishments, had a green bar at half way, and got the 2 years/10 scholarships punishment from the NCAA. In that off-season, i allocated 30% of my budget towards discipline, and didn't seem to have a problem after that. Does anyone else have a similar story?
Old 07-22-2004, 06:06 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 19

Quote:

mazhirui said:
Nice to see another Red-skin/hawk around here Coffey!

Hate to break your heart, but my high school was the RedHawks thats why I have it, I figured less people would have it than a Packer, Lakers, Indians, Clemson, or Flyers one.

Although I did cheer for Miami OH once when I saw them play at UNC a few years back (ronald curry's first bit of PT, when the guy ahead of him went down, i think it was davenport)
Old 07-22-2004, 06:35 PM   #21
G**d S**s*n F*ll*s

airbarrett's Arena

OVR: 15

i just finished my first year today and i set my discipline at like 32%, only played one game on my second year but no problems so far...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 07:23 PM   #22
MVP

Jwally's Arena

OVR: 8

Maybe the more money you put into discipline, the less discipline problems you get, instead of just getting more points? Could be wrong, but just a thought.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:39 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 7

After my first year, I set discipline at 20%, a bad decision already. I didnt scout either when I was recruiting, so my blue chip strong safety has turned out to be bad kid. He payed others to take exams for him and the computer wanted him to sit out the year, but I only made him sit out 3 games, after this Im already down to 35 discipline points for the year, and my meter is 1/4 full now, could be headed for probation or worse in the offseason.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:27 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 19

Just had my starting LOLB who is also my Def. Captain, get into a fight at a club with other students. Im sitting him for 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »