Home

Do you do the AA/Heisman Combo? (Its Slider free!!)

This is a discussion on Do you do the AA/Heisman Combo? (Its Slider free!!) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2004, 05:09 AM   #1
G* Br*wns!!

Pronk's Arena

OVR: 4
Do you do the AA/Heisman Combo? (Its Slider free!!)

I was skimming another forum when I came across a post that didn't get much if any attention.. In this post, the author attempted to tackle a problem that some or possibly many of us have noticed.. The problem is that on default AA the human offense is good, while the CPU offense is to put it mildly, terribly inept.. Secondly, on Default Heisman, the CPU offense is much improved and competitive, while the human offense is frustratingly hard due to the extremely fast CPU defense

Anyway, this poster had one simple suggestion.. Play AA when the human has the ball , and switch to heisman when the PC has the ball.. Of course by doing that, you are disqualified from earning pennants in the college pennant challenge.. I figured that is fine with me since I do not really use the pennants anyways.. So I gave it a shot. I played one game and surprisingly was pretty happy with the results.. The game was Pitt(me) at Penn ST.

Pitt - PSU(CPU)
23 - 38 (Final Score)
16 - 15 (1st downs)
288 - 387 (total offensive yards)
50/186 - 27/150 (rushes)
8/28 - 12/28 (passing)
102 - 237 (passing yds)

Pitt:
T.Palko (QB) 8-28 102yds 0tds (passing)
R.Kirkley (RB) 32 - 146yds 2TDs (rushing)

PSU:
Zack Miller 12-28 237yds 2TDs (passing)
Austin Scott 15-89yds 2TDS (rushing)

-I initially led 10-0. By half time I was down 24-10.. I rallied late in the game to make it 24-23, but then gave up some relatively easy scores by taking high risk chances as the time was winding down late in the game.. Very exciting!!
-I was impressed because on default AA I beat PSU on the road 31-10 while this game I lost..
-Two of PSU TD's were 9+ play drives eating up alot of clock.. Very nice to see...
-If your like me, and you have the skills to win consistently at default AA but get pretty much manhandled by the superior defense of the CPU on Heisman, than I highly recommend you give this simple method a look..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 06:01 AM   #2
G* Br*wns!!

Pronk's Arena

Re: Do you do the AA/Heisman Combo? (Its Slider free!!)

I forgot to add that the game was played using 10 min quarters.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hey HJ,

Are you getting good results with this combo with default sliders?

Thanks
Old 07-20-2004, 10:59 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I read that same thread and I tried it yesterday but I was still able to contain the CPU offense. I will try it some more now.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:52 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Here are the game stats for an exhibition game that I just played. I did a random matchup and it came to be Georgia Tech @ Ball State(me)

Code:
Offense and Special Teams: All-American
Defense: Heisman

-Game Stats-

GT Ball St
Score 17 7
First Downs 25 16
Total Offense 409 296
Rushes-Yards 43-284 24-41
Comp-Att-TD 10-35-0 17-39-1
Passign Yards 125 255
Sacked 1 2
Turovers 2 4
T.O.P. 20:41 15:19

I'm really enjoying this. I'm also learning how to pass the ball and discontinuing my complaints about the issue. I've found that the most consistent thing is staying in the pocket.

I ended up completing 42% of my passes with the starter for 223 yds and 1 TD...also 3 picks but I digress. My #1 WR caught 7 passes for 91 yds and my receiving corp (TE's included) dropped a total of 5 balls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 09:58 AM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

NoleFan said:

I'm really enjoying this. I'm also learning how to pass the ball and discontinuing my complaints about the issue. I've found that the most consistent thing is staying in the pocket.

I ended up completing 42% of my passes with the starter for 223 yds and 1 TD...also 3 picks but I digress. My #1 WR caught 7 passes for 91 yds and my receiving corp (TE's included) dropped a total of 5 balls.

The games are much more offensive orientated I've found. If any of you who claim you like '04 way more because of the "wide open, college feel" then I strongly recommend this. The only problem so far is the CPU QB's completion %, but his yards and TD's are up there.

I tried it last night in my UConn dynast against Duke, then played another exhibition game against them.

I won 49-14 at home. I had to drastically change the human running ability because Terry Caulley had 213 yards on 18 attempts in the first game. Orlovsky was 13-28 passing for 275 yards an 5 TD's. So I also upped the CPU defensive awareness because those two stats are to reminscent of '04. Not alot of completions for way too many TD's and yards. The thing I loved though was that their RB had 14 att for 102 yards. They finished with 132 rushing yards as a team despite getting blow out. This is good to see. Passing remains the issue though, their QB was 10-28 for 290 yards. 29yd/comp is way too high. Too many big plays. It's gonna be a struggle to find a way to make the CPU throw shorter passes and look underneath to open WR's rather than throwing 25 yards downfield into triple coverage.

Second time around I won 38-17. Caulley was still way to dominant on the ground, I need to play with this more. Even though Duke is one of the worst teams in the game, Caulley had 204 yards on 22 attempts and 2 TD's. Orlovksy still had an okay completion percentage (14-30, 260 yards, 3 TD). Their offense was a little better, but they scored their two TD's off two turnovers. I muffed a punt and Caulley had a fumble, both which gave them the ball inside my 30. Their QB was 9-22 (better %) for 212 yards and a TD. Their RB had 12 attempts for 88 yards.

I think we are really onto something with this. It' is not going to be slider free, but with the right adjustments I think we can find the perfect match for this game. I have this Thurs and Fri off from work and not much to do during the day, so I'm gonna fiddle with this alot and hopefully we get really good set developed.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:20 AM   #7
G* Br*wns!!

Pronk's Arena

Yeah, I am now ready to concede that the AA/heisman combo will need some slider tweaking.. I just played another game against PSU in which PSU's QB ran a quarterback sneak up the middle 60+ yards for a TD.. That in of itself is not the problem.. The problem was that my CB(85spd) was within 5-7 yards(Akron 45yd line) of the PSU QB(70spd)put could not close the gap in time to tackle the PSU QB..Which leads me to believe unfortunately that the CPU(on Heisman level) does indeed receive an unfair boost of some sort in the speed category..
Old 07-22-2004, 03:52 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

The defense is always faster than your offense in the Heisman mode. I've started a post about this issue. The computer has an unfair advantage on defense and it almost takes the fun factor out of the game. It doesn't matter if you have a QB with 90 speed or a halfback with 99.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »