Home

CPU versus CPU - any luck with QB's?

This is a discussion on CPU versus CPU - any luck with QB's? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2004, 05:59 AM   #1
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
CPU versus CPU - any luck with QB\'s?

I play this way for most of my dynasty games and I know there are others that do as well. This year though, the QB's are atrocius when controlled by the CPU. I had a game where my teams QB was 4 of 18 in the first half, while my opponents QB was 5 for 21. I have messed around with sliders such as QB accuracy, WR catching ability, defensive awareness, etc., but they have had little effect. Is anybody out there getting good, realistic numbers for the CPU QB's? I could use some help!

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 09:01 AM   #2
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: CPU versus CPU - any luck with QB\'s?

I've been experimenting with this as well and so far the only way I've gotten realistic cpu passing percentages is by maxing out the cpu's quarterback accuracy and wr catch sliders. I leave everything for the human player at default. I also maxed out the cpu's running back ability and set it's run blocking ability to 15. In a 9 minute quarter game on the AA level the cpu's quarterback was 17-29 for 220 yards. They also ran the ball decently.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CPU versus CPU - any luck with QB\'s?

I roam different boards alot, their is a guy called Gambler from ncaafootball mania that has good cpu vs cpu sliders. He is using the same from last year only increasing QB acc +1 or +2 and WR ablt +1 or +2 and decrease RB ablt -1. Here is his post

]GAMBLER'S GM MODE SLIDERS FOR NCAA 2004 (v2.0)[/size]

In all cases, slider settings are applied to both CPU and player. My sliders are defined as + or - from the neutral setting.

[size=large]Gameplay Settings:[/size]
Quarter Length: 11 Minutes
Skill Level: Varsity
Injuries: On
Fatigue: On

For anyone who wants to try GM mode and use my sliders, note that these are a work in progress. The numbers in parentheses are the changes from the last iteration of the sliders. Also note that I have a set of AA sliders originally posted by SuperSigma2of21 that Burg and then I have modified. Those will be applied to Penn State in this dynasty. The Varsity sliders are also based partially on Burg's modifications to increase the run game.

[size=large]AI Offense:[/size]
QB Accuracy: +1
Pass Blocking: -3
WR Catching: +1
RB Ability: +5
Run Blocking: +5

[size=large]AI Defense:[/size]
Awareness: +2
Knockdowns: Neutral
Interceptions: -5
Break Block: -3
Tackling: +2

[size=large]Special Teams:[/size]
FG Length: +2 (-1)
FG Accuracy: -3
Punt Length: +1
Punt Accuracy: +4
Kickoff Length: +2 (-1)

[size=large]Penalties:[/size]
Penalties: On
Offsides: On
Illegal Touching: On
Kick Catch Interference: On
False Start +3
Holding: -1
Face Mask: Neutral
Offensive Pass Interference: +5
Defensive Pass Interference: +5
Clipping: +1
Intentional Grounding: Maximum
Roughing the Passer: Maximum
Roughing the Kicker: +3
Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Maximum

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »