Home

Crushed by the CPU

This is a discussion on Crushed by the CPU within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2004, 09:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Crushed by the CPU

Okay, I just had to share this. I'm having as much trouble as anyone with this game, but I'm sticking with it and trying to learn. Last night I was playing with Nebraska at OU. It was a rainy game and things were pretty sloppy. While my passing game wasn't pretty, it was starting to come along and I felt that I was having more success passing (although I still ended up 16-48). However, I have learned that you really need to watch the defense and anticipate the WRs routes and make timing throws.

Anyway, I was trailing 17-7 early in the 4th quarter and put together a nice drive stringing together a few pass completions. Then, on 1st and goal from the 9, I ran a double slant with my two WRs lined up on the left. The MLB blitzed leaving the short slant open while the OLB took the deeper slant. Unfortunately, I was locked in on the long slant and tried to make a timing throw . . . INT! Had I made the correct read, it would have been a TD and cut the score to 17-14. Instead, OU took it down and made the score 24-7. A fumble and INT on my next two possessions made it 38-7. My players got rattled after the first INT and never recovered. This game is great!

Lesson learned - make the correct reads before throwing the ball. There is very little room for error in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »