Home

How to Spice Up Your Dynasty

This is a discussion on How to Spice Up Your Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2018, 05:36 PM   #41
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to Spice Up Your Dynasty

One thing I do to spice the names up is I use street names. When I'm driving around and see a street name I think is cool, I either jot it down or commit it to memory so I can use it as a recruit's last name. It provides a better mix of unique names in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyKing80
I'd love to hear some of these stories. In past Dynasties, after coaching for 15-20 seasons, I create a prospect and make him my son. I do my best to make him an easy get for my team by making him an athlete in a position I need (playing time) and an in-state recruit (proximity to home), but I almost always make him only a 3-Star player, cause let's face it, his 'Ol Man is the real legend in the family.

In addition, if I have teammates with the same last name, but separated in class by a year or two, then they become cousins or brothers.

On that note, has anyone noticed that the generated names are terrible and, without sounding liking a stereotypical butthead, sometimes they don't match the athlete's appearance. Example: a straight up white player with the last name of "Lopez". I mean, I know that there are some Hispanics who are fair complected (there's a Mexican MMA fighter who has a red beard and hair....he damn-near looks Irish and his name means 'Cinnamon', I kid you not) but it's not the norm. Please no one bash me for this observation, cause I'm not trying to be a d***, just aiming for more realism.
I have always wanted to do the "coach's son" recruit. I would make him a bit lower caliber and a late bloomer, like his old man lol. If he didn't choose my school, that's a real gut punch but a good story. My Sonoma State dynasty is the first time I'm getting deep enough that it will be an option soon.

I also look for guys from the same city and sometimes will look to make them high school teammates that chose the same school. Next time it happens, I will likely make them twins if they choose a school together.

The name generator in this game is awful for a lot of reasons, the reason you point out has been mentioned often lol

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #42
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyKing80
I'd love to hear some of these stories. In past Dynasties, after coaching for 15-20 seasons, I create a prospect and make him my son. I do my best to make him an easy get for my team by making him an athlete in a position I need (playing time) and an in-state recruit (proximity to home), but I almost always make him only a 3-Star player, cause let's face it, his 'Ol Man is the real legend in the family.

In addition, if I have teammates with the same last name, but separated in class by a year or two, then they become cousins or brothers.

On that note, has anyone noticed that the generated names are terrible and, without sounding liking a stereotypical butthead, sometimes they don't match the athlete's appearance. Example: a straight up white player with the last name of "Lopez". I mean, I know that there are some Hispanics who are fair complected (there's a Mexican MMA fighter who has a red beard and hair....he damn-near looks Irish and his name means 'Cinnamon', I kid you not) but it's not the norm. Please no one bash me for this observation, cause I'm not trying to be a d***, just aiming for more realism.
So funny, I did the same a few seasons ago in like year 12. I had a QB recruit on my list named Quinton Rivers, so I acted like he was one of Phillip Rivers sons. 2 seasons later I created his brother, Gunner (the name of one of Rivers' actual sons lol). Back when I first started my dynasty, my DC was Mike MacIntyre (Colorado coach IRL) and had a CB with the last name of McIntyre. I just added the "a" to his last name and made them father/son.

Keeps the game even more fun!
Old 11-14-2018, 06:18 PM   #43
Just started!

weird question, but does anyone know if you can remove rices tarps from their stadium. im trying to turn rice into a powerhouse and i reeeeeally dont want those empty seats when i get them to that level
Old 11-15-2018, 06:11 AM   #44
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYcats2014
weird question, but does anyone know if you can remove rices tarps from their stadium. im trying to turn rice into a powerhouse and i reeeeeally dont want those empty seats when i get them to that level

I don’t believe there’s a way to remove the tarps since they’re coded in as part of the stadium. The only solution is maybe changing them to the generic pro style stadium using the editor

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 11-15-2018, 10:02 AM   #45
Rookie

I make a Excel-table with depth chart for every season. This way I can easily follow the path of my players, makes recruiting easier, is very wasy to see when my players graduate... Makes off-seasons and after game management a lot more fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »