Home

NCAA Football Presentation: 14 vs. previous years

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Presentation: 14 vs. previous years within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2016, 12:45 AM   #25
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football Presentation: 14 vs. previous years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I have some AWESOME B1G stadium sounds and my biggest disappointment with '14 is not being able to use them.
So what happened with that? I was on specifically to look into that awhile back, and was never able to pin down exactly what happened. It seemed to be a lot of people that didn't have a hard drive complaining about it, but i do have a hard drive on my 360. So would it work for me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 11:29 AM   #26
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
So what happened with that? I was on specifically to look into that awhile back, and was never able to pin down exactly what happened. It seemed to be a lot of people that didn't have a hard drive complaining about it, but i do have a hard drive on my 360. So would it work for me?
I don't remember all of the specifics, but I believe that streaming from your PC (which is how I had it set up for '13) simply didn't work.

I think the only way to get it to work was to put the songs on your HDD (which I did). The real PITA about this was that you can only have a few (50?) songs on your HDD or linked to the game or something whereas on the PC you could have hundreds and you simply had to copy/paste the correct team's songs into the correct folder before every game which took about 30 seconds.

Regardless of HDD vs. streaming, I'm almost positive that however you got it to work there was always a delay (1-2s I think, possibly longer) before the sounds would kick it. It COMPLETELY took away the sense of immersion. Instead of making a stop on 2nd down and the crowd cheers and your band starts up the Darth Vader theme music, you'd make a stop on 2nd down, the entire stadium would become deathly silent for 1-2 seconds, and then the theme music would kick in.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-07-2016, 10:27 PM   #27
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Regardless of HDD vs. streaming, I'm almost positive that however you got it to work there was always a delay (1-2s I think, possibly longer) before the sounds would kick it. It COMPLETELY took away the sense of immersion. Instead of making a stop on 2nd down and the crowd cheers and your band starts up the Darth Vader theme music, you'd make a stop on 2nd down, the entire stadium would become deathly silent for 1-2 seconds, and then the theme music would kick in.
Yes, this is exactly how it is on the 360 (with the sounds on the HDD). Actually, the delay might only be a half of a second....but that is still enough to kill the immersion as you described.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:57 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey guys,

I hate to bring this post back up, but I want to grab one of the older games for the intros and custom sounds. I REALLY miss those.

I have read just about every post. I am trying to decide between 12 and 13 on the PS3. It is not just those two features. I am trying to find which is the best between them. I have also heard people say 11 is better than both on the PS3.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by MSTATE12; 01-18-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #29
Rookie

bigmachingon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTATE12
Hey guys,

I hate to bring this post back up, but I want to grab one of the older games for the intros and custom sounds. I REALLY miss those.

I have read just about every post. I am trying to decide between 12 and 13 on the PS3. It is not just those two features. I am trying to find which is the best between them. I have also heard people say 11 is better than both on the PS3.

Any suggestions?
I have 11 and 13 in PS3 and 14 in Xbox360, imo 13 is better than 11
Old 01-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #30
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTATE12

I didn't have '11, so I can't comment on that, but I know that many here think the gameplay was the best.

'12 was the edition that really promoted the intros, and the custom sounds worked great....very immersive.

'13 Added a couple more intros (Purdue being one of them)? I don't remember how well Custom Sounds worked. I seem to recall a major issue on that edition where CPU db's would leave WR's wide open on streaks too often. There was one more thing which bugged me with '13 (although I don't think it bothered many others) where after a play, there was a slight delay before you could hit the button to bring up the screen to call the next play....grrr, drove me crazy ('14 has this too).

Just some random thoughts.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:37 PM   #31
Rookie

Maverick04's Arena

OVR: 2

I liked the older game intros better than the present intros personally. Keys to the game checklists, players warming up, and it was more realistic and immersive, especially deeper in dynasties with newer impact players, etc. The 14 intro always bugged me, it would showcase 2nd string players more than the starters especially at QB and RB, which is not right. It was just boring, not creative, and stale. Kind've like when you're playing a game and the offense or defense is getting ready to run on the field and they show a guy from the other side of the ball or getting into the huddle, Just some of those little things in 14 were broken. If I never see that dance in the intro where the second string QB gets up after being tackled and gets up trying to dance like a bird with a broken wing, I'll be happy. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2017, 04:57 PM   #32
Rookie

I only play offline dynasty mode. I do hear many talk about the head to head issues online. that is not a concern for me.

So i guess it is down to 12 v 13. I did see that 13 has the ticker on the bottom.

I also have a question for any slider gurus. I have seen where entering sliders on the main menu and then entering them on the dynasty seem to change the game a bit.

Has anyone tried applying the new slider ideas for 14 to 13?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »