Home

NCAA Football Presentation: 14 vs. previous years

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Presentation: 14 vs. previous years within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2017, 08:31 PM   #33
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA Football Presentation: 14 vs. previous years

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTATE12
So i guess it is down to 12 v 13. I did see that 13 has the ticker on the bottom.
Oh, that reminds me of another thing. I go back to Atari, and in all my years of gaming, I don't think there was a feature that I looked forward to, but ended up hating, more than the Reece Davis studio updates in '13. They pop up at the worst times, and more often than not are irrelevant to what is going on in your dynasty.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:47 PM   #34
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Oh, that reminds me of another thing. I go back to Atari, and in all my years of gaming, I don't think there was a feature that I looked forward to, but ended up hating, more than the Reece Davis studio updates in '13. They pop up at the worst times, and more often than not are irrelevant to what is going on in your dynasty.
I don't remember '13 much, but I'm guessing this was a problem with '13 that was fixed in '14. I love the studio updates. I'm not sure what you're calling the "worst times" or "irrelevant" but in '14 the studio updates almost always (always?) pop up after a score which I think is the perfect time. Also while they are occasionally about top 25 teams playing, there's almost always about my fellow conference teams.

If that's how they are in '13, then I'd disagree with your assessment. If not, then I'd bet you'd agree that they're done much better in '14.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #35
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
If that's how they are in '13, then I'd disagree with your assessment. If not, then I'd bet you'd agree that they're done much better in '14.
Yeah, while my memory is foggy on much of this, I do recall it improving quite a bit in '14.

In '13, you could be in a power conference in the top 10, and Reece would chime in to update a Sun-Belt game that they "Had been watching all day long".

For the timing, I loved the intros in '13, but they were long. So after that (and the coin toss), I was ready to play. But in '13, there was always an update immediately after the opening kickoff. I also didn't like after a home team TD when the band and crowd and creating some great atmosphere it would suddenly cut away to an update ('14 does this too).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2017, 02:31 PM   #36
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I also didn't like after a home team TD when the band and crowd and creating some great atmosphere it would suddenly cut away to an update ('14 does this too).

In '14 it comes up after the PAT instead of the TD. In a video game I personally can't think of a better time for them.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-21-2017, 04:55 PM   #37
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
In '14 it comes up after the PAT instead of the TD. In a video game I personally can't think of a better time for them.
Sorry, I didn't describe it well....in '13 it was after the PAT too. It is all personal preference, but I would prefer the updates after a punt. For me the atmosphere is at it's best after a PAT with the crowd cheering, the fight song playing and some panoramic views of the stadium...that is closest I get to actually feeling like I am there. So I never loved it when Reece cut in on me.

But I suppose that is a challenge to the developer...creating an atmosphere for the user to feel like he is in the stadium vs. watching a real broadcast or a balance of both.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:04 PM   #38
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTATE12
Hey guys,

I hate to bring this post back up, but I want to grab one of the older games for the intros and custom sounds. I REALLY miss those.

I have read just about every post. I am trying to decide between 12 and 13 on the PS3. It is not just those two features. I am trying to find which is the best between them. I have also heard people say 11 is better than both on the PS3.

Any suggestions?
Between 11-13, I'd say 12 was the best. 13 had lots of issues (DB glitch anyone?). I don't remember much about 11...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »