Home

I need to know from someone who has played BOTH versions -PS2 and Xbox

This is a discussion on I need to know from someone who has played BOTH versions -PS2 and Xbox within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2004, 10:39 PM   #9
Rookie

dbacks01's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I need to know from someone who has played BOTH versions -PS2 and

Quote:

husker9 said:
I have both versions. The PS2 version is the one to get if you're all about dynasty. If you want online play, then go with XBox.

The PS2 has zero slowdown that I can see. The XBox has a good bit of slowdown.

Husker9 have you played the ps2 version online its smooth the xbox version online is very sluggish.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:29 AM   #10
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I still haven't got over this one. I play about 5 games...3 football games, Halo and Ninja Gaiden. I thought this was the year the PS2 could be sold. Well it was the year, and I ended up getting it back. NCAA plays HORRIBLY ON THE XBOX. Which really sucks because my whole setup is predicated on the fact that I don't need a PS2...now my whole system is screwed up because I don't have enough component hookups to run all my components. Ps2 has to have component cables on a big screen or it looks dreadful.

Anyways, the PS2 version is definitely the way to go which is such a frickin shame. It plays soo smooth, where as the xbox version is just so damn glitchy, slow, and the controls are unresponsive. Gameplay wise, it's not even close, Ps2 wins in a landslide.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:46 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I have both versions and have played both a lot. I'd recommend PS2 version no doubt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 01:13 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've got the X-Box version. After about 30 games have only seen the slowdown once. It was very obvious. Also, I have an HDTV, have the game set to widescreen, still in %.1 sound and DTS enabled. I would say get the X-Box version and if you have the slowdown problems just return it and get the PS2 version.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:48 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I rented NCAA for the xbox, and so far have only played 10 total GAME minutes..... but I have to say it was great! Compared to NCAA 2004 for the PS2 (I own that one), I thought it looked better, and played fine. Now I was Notre Dame, at home.... does it matter? Can some one give me some things to try, so that I can see this slowdown at it's worst?

How are the load times on the PS2 2005?

Thanks for all help/opinions.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:52 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Manny677 said:
I've got the X-Box version. After about 30 games have only seen the slowdown once. It was very obvious. Also, I have an HDTV, have the game set to widescreen, still in %.1 sound and DTS enabled. I would say get the X-Box version and if you have the slowdown problems just return it and get the PS2 version.

Also I was going to order this from EA.com, I have a coupon so it would only be $39.99, so returning it for the PS2 version would not be an option I dont think. And to make matters worse, my coupon expires tonight at midnight..... no kidding.

So I have to hurry up and make up my mind.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:10 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Dude trust me, I own both versions and have played both extensively from day 1. The only reason to own the XBox version is if you don't have a PS2 (or like me if you only have friends on XBox Live you want to play). The game loads nearly the same on both systems despite the Xbox hard drive, the graphics are nearly the same although slightly better on Xbox but bottom line the PS2 plays alot more smooth and the frame rate is constant. EA just for whatever reason still does a better job of programming for PS2 and doesn't really take any advantage of the XBox special features (such as custom soundtrack). To me this really shouldn't be a hard decision, the PS2 is a much better pick if you've got both systems and only plan to buy one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 11:20 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I need to know from someone who has played BOTH versions -PS2 and Xbox

I've been a PS2 person for years but got NCAA on the X for the first time this year. I like to think I can play online a lot, but never really did last year so that part of it doesn't matter.

IMO, the graphics on X are more than "Just a little better" and while I've seen the slowdown deal, it hasn'e bothered me at all. I may rent PS2 version just to see, but X is better to me thus far. And again, that's from comparing years past on PS2 to this year on X.

Can you knock helmets off on PS2 because Chris Leak got blasted by my Miami DT last night and lost his.....X version.

C93

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »