Home

ESPN: Will there ever be another NCAA football video game?

This is a discussion on ESPN: Will there ever be another NCAA football video game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 10:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: ESPN: Will there ever be another NCAA football video game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Exactly you have to convince the NCAA that it's a worthwhile investment. And that they won't get sued again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To convince them they won't get sued again a court decision in that direction would help clarify the situation.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:56 PM   #10
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
To convince them they won't get sued again a court decision in that direction would help clarify the situation.
it could but it obviously wouldn't. if EA or any company were to make another game every player would be fictional making it impossible to get sued.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:58 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Even then the game won't do well. See All-Pro 2K8. I never played it and never will because it doesn't have the NFL license behind it. I don't care if the greatest game ever made, if it doesn't have the league's license behind it Redsox out. And this is the way of most customers. They wanna start the game and be able to play as their favorite team without having to create anything themselves.

You work for the league or something? Lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 09:05 AM   #12
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Two good points:

1. How many youngsters are following European soccer and less inclined to follow college football because of the video games? I'm a long-time college football fan, but I must admit that I'm more likely to tune in games of certain teams because I'm using them in dynasty mode or I play them in dynasty mode. The game adds to my enjoyment of the real thing and probably makes me watch more games than I ordinarily would.

2. If Sony or Microsoft got involved, they could sell more consoles. Bingo! I'm still on the PS3, because NCAA Football is the only game I play. (I don't enjoy Madden any more and I suck at games than require more stick skill like NHL.) I've told people that if a new NCAA game came out, that's the only reason I'd buy a PS4.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:08 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35

2. If Sony or Microsoft got involved, they could sell more consoles. Bingo! I'm still on the PS3, because NCAA Football is the only game I play. (I don't enjoy Madden any more and I suck at games than require more stick skill like NHL.) I've told people that if a new NCAA game came out, that's the only reason I'd buy a PS4.

Sometimes, I wish I'd done that. As games require more quick twitch stick skills play, I want to play them less. Thank goodness for CPU vs CPU in Madden 17. Now my PS4 won't just collect dust

Old 08-31-2016, 09:28 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't buy the whole idea if they make a customizable football game people won't buy it. This type of game was one of the highest selling games ever. With gamers and social media the word will spread like fire. Those who aren't in the know of what a NCAA game is and like madden will buy a EA football games.

Empathize tons of playbooks, scouting, and recruiting to outside of box.

Along with adding options to edit teams, stadiums, players, bowls, and playoff setup.

These alone will sell this product. People will take the hint. And plenty in community will volunteer to work on editing. Let me add I always enjoyed NCAA football gameplay much more than Madden. Madden is not comparable to NCAA. Different game.

Last edited by psukylen; 08-31-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:07 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by psukylen
I don't buy the whole idea if they make a customizable football game people won't buy it. This type of game was one of the highest selling games ever. With gamers and social media the word will spread like fire. Those who aren't in the know of what a NCAA game is and like madden will buy a EA football games.

Empathize tons of playbooks, scouting, and recruiting to outside of box.

Along with adding options to edit teams, stadiums, players, bowls, and playoff setup.

These alone will sell this product. People will take the hint. And plenty in community will volunteer to work on editing. Let me add I always enjoyed NCAA football gameplay much more than Madden. Madden is not comparable to NCAA. Different game.

Really because people say NFL 2K5 is GOAT and still say that game is better than every edition of Madden, which is bull but that's for a different thread. Go look at the numbers for All-Pro 2K8. They are horrendous. In the first 2 weeks after release the game sold less than 100,000 units. And the sales dropped by 59% from week 1 to week 2. And the game was before Madden released so that's not an excuse as to why it sold so bad. You are really overestimating having the real schools and NCAA logos helped sell the game. Yes the diehards will buy it. But the casuals won't give a damn, just like All-Pro Football.

You're right people would buy an EA game, but EA isn't making a college football game until they can regain the NCAA license. So the fans wouldn't have to go and create all 128 different schools. Yes they would buy that game. But if they give us a game where we are playing in the USCFL (United States College Football League) and I'm playing as the Louisiana Panthers (instead of LSU Tigers), good luck selling that game to the casual fans of the NCAA. The majority of the fanbase that buys video games.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 01:24 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

So, you are looking at the sales of a non official game when looking at the sales numbers All Pro football. In a year where an official game launched? I think you underestimate the value of fans not having another option. Plus, if an unofficial NCAA games has customization features, sales will go up once someone does the work to share.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »