Home

Did anybody find a workaround for game freezing in coach xp cut scenes

This is a discussion on Did anybody find a workaround for game freezing in coach xp cut scenes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 07:10 AM   #9
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Did anybody find a workaround for game freezing in coach xp cut scenes

I'm actually having a problem myself where NCAA is simply freezing every other game I play now. I'd had occasional freezes in the past, but now it is a real problem. I'm getting fed up, honestly. I don't know what the problem is as the game freezes at various points during a game I'm playing. It can happen anytime - 1st thru 4th quarters. The only consistency is the freezing occurs for me during actual gameplay.

Anyone else run into rampant freezing? Obviously there won't be a patch of any sort, but I'd really like to fix this. The game is more or less unplayable anymore as I never know when it will freeze, but as I said, it freezes now at a 40-50% rate.

The system isn't bricking because I can still exit the game using the PS button, so I believe this is related to the game itself and/or the disc.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:56 PM   #10
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

I've had the game only freeze on me once on my PS3, and I know I was pressing the 'X' button like crazy to get past the screenshots. I've never had the game freeze when I set the controller down and let the wrap-up finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
The system isn't bricking because I can still exit the game using the PS button, so I believe this is related to the game itself and/or the disc.
Check the disc for any scratches. I've been using a plastic scratch remover and polish for 10+ years, and I've been able to save many CDs and games that were skipping or freezing on me.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:30 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_brigade88
Screenshots of the games and highlights will play and eventually take you to the menu where you can see the stats and let exit the game to go back to your dynasty.
That's what I'm doing now, just let all the highlights and screenshots run. Small sample size but after 3 games no freezing.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:33 AM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
I've had the game only freeze on me once on my PS3, and I know I was pressing the 'X' button like crazy to get past the screenshots. I've never had the game freeze when I set the controller down and let the wrap-up finish.

Check the disc for any scratches. I've been using a plastic scratch remover and polish for 10+ years, and I've been able to save many CDs and games that were skipping or freezing on me.

Not sure what a PS3 is like, but I install all of my games on my 360's hard drive so I don't have to worry about the disc.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »