Home

I was wrong

This is a discussion on I was wrong within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2004, 08:57 AM   #17
Rookie

magic6's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I was wrong

Just so I don't have to go read every other NCAA board to find this, what exactly is the "Y button trick"?
Old 07-23-2004, 09:11 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

For some reason if you continually press the Y button when you make a catch even if you dont change receivers by pressing B the receivers make more catches.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:16 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

EmekaConn said:
Yeah I agree here. There are a billion DBs around the ball when I throw it.

Pump fake left, throw right. That'll take care of those pesky safeties.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:31 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

Jistic said:
It takes a man to admit he's wrong. I'm glad you worked it out. This game needs tweaking to play right...but when it does it is completely awesome. It's got a lot of muscle under the hood.

100% Right...

The animations could be better so that it doesn't look like super WRs are back. But if you are man-to-man and you lob one up you have a good chance to bring that pass down. DBs still cover too quickly and that does hurt the passing game at times.

Now Jistic point me to some sliders where the CPU can pass for over 50% and I'll be a happy camper.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

I too am warming up to the game. I really disliked it at first, but entered fisherjr33's sliders from Utopia, practiced my passing, and am having good games. I even enjoy watching simmed games, which seem more than ever like real ones.

I'm still a bit frustrated by the graphics, though -- a ton of little mistakes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 12:46 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

JRod said:
Quote:

Jistic said:
It takes a man to admit he's wrong. I'm glad you worked it out. This game needs tweaking to play right...but when it does it is completely awesome. It's got a lot of muscle under the hood.

100% Right...

The animations could be better so that it doesn't look like super WRs are back. But if you are man-to-man and you lob one up you have a good chance to bring that pass down. DBs still cover too quickly and that does hurt the passing game at times.

Now Jistic point me to some sliders where the CPU can pass for over 50% and I'll be a happy camper.

Check my latest AA ver2 in the forum. You should get games with over 50% for CPU that way. Not every game depending on the QB but they can light you up. I even had one game where Rix threw for 70%!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »