Home

Recruiting strategies?

This is a discussion on Recruiting strategies? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2004, 02:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recruiting strategies?

I play as the Terps, my team prestige is up to 5 stars, I always have TONS of guys interested in us (Very High interest) but I can never get more than 8 recruits. I've tried like 5 different strategies of recruiting (going up slowly in points every round, giving guys that seem close huge points to get them to commit, focusing on getting 3 guys to commit a round...) but none of them can get me enough recruits to fill the holes I have. I even added to my recruiting budget, but I can never get them to commit. I always end up having like 7 or so guys commit and then have the rest of my targets not commit to anyone at the end of recruiting. What are some strategies that would help to get big recruiting classes, like every other AI controlled team in the game does? When I look at the list of recruiting classes, it seems I'm always the only one under 10 recruits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 03:04 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Recruiting strategies?

I wasn't sure if there was a strategy to it, I just thought it was VERY easy.
My budget for Texas A&M was 50 recruiting / 35 training / 15 discipline and I was able to get 17***** out of the 35 available, my other 7 recruits were ****, and no other school had more than 2 *****.

My main thing was to offer Texas recruits the MAX points, and I fcused on team and coaching prestige as selling points. I only went after out of state recruits that were already "very interested" in my program.

I thought recruiting my first year was VERY EASY, as I now will have 7 true Freshman start, and a total of 16 on my two deep chart (the others were red-shirted). Maybe I am going to get slammed later by discipline and transfers, but for now I GREATLY improved my team.

One other thing you may want to watch out for is grade-point average, There were quite a few ***** recruits that did not commit to anyone, I think they may not of been able tomake the grade, and are sent the JUCO route. I should of written some of the names down to see if they reappear in a year or two down the road....now if that were true, it would be VERY cool.

Also focus on recruiting as many "athletes" as possible. I have had true freshman come in as athletes, and end up as a 94 DE or 92 FB thier Freshman year.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:13 PM   #3
Rookie

hmm- I guess I didn't have enough recruit points. I was using only 40, cause I was afraid if I brought down the discipline I would get slammed with another 2 year probation.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:27 PM   #4
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

IMHO even 40 is too much. 17 5 star recruits is not only unrealistic but makes the game extremely boring. One thing to note is some of the guys you go after that dont sign end up being walk ons. It happens ALOT. Next time your recruiting and dont fill a few spots write down the names of the guys who you went after but they didn't commit to anyone. Then, at the screen where it lets you change the positions check to see if any of them are on your roster. I about guarantee you will have a few of them.

But dont shoot for an obnoxious amount of 5 star players, that's just going to make your Dynasty get stale very quickly. Instead why not focus on getting decent rated guys who have average or better discipline. It will make your life much easier down the road.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »