Home

I've been kidding myself the whole time

This is a discussion on I've been kidding myself the whole time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2004, 01:31 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: I\'ve been kidding myself the whole time

Dude learn to catch a ball. Dropped passes are common even amung the greatest. even wide open drops. I was frustrated as well but by using a few tricks and tips my drops are limited to 2-3 a game for my entire team... I can pass fine with my 72 rated QB all day passing out of normal sets (not the PA).

As hard as it is to convince you to go back and get it, i won't.. thats just my opinion about passing.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:36 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 14

How do you guys explain the lack of a slant play to the TE? Or the lack of off tackle plays? Or the lack of deep playaction plays? What is the point of a play action play if all your receivers are running hitches? What are you actually attempting to gain with a play like that? Plus all these missing plays were in last years version. These are shortcuts by ea to make people think that the defensive ai is actually better, when all they did was remove a bunch of plays that worked. I personally dont mind the super fast db catchup logic, the drops or the batted passes.. Its overdone, but thats not as big an issue as the above. Its the whole bag of worms and the "shortcuts" they took to making people such as yourself think they improved the ai, when all they did was make the game less realistic and that annoys me.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:53 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Dropped wide open passes aren't this common among high school receivers, let alone Division 1 college receivers. I've tried the different things like taking control of the receiver, just hitting Y without taking control of the receiver, etc. It doesn't really seem to help all that much. And it shouldn't be this complicated to get receivers to catch wide open passes that aren't thrown that hard right in their chest.

I agree with the majority of what the original poster said, but I also do still enjoy the game. I have'nt as much as picked it up since ESPN came out, but I still plan on spending more time with it. The atmosphere is the best in any sports game ever. And I was starting to wonder if I'd ever say this about an EA game, but the run blocking is greatly improved. I get the slowdown at times, especially online, but as a whole the running game is great. But for the passing game, I'm not that big of a fan of it. They did so much to stop the short to medium passing game, which wasn't the problem, and they still let you complete deep ball after deep ball.

It does a lot of things amazingly well, but I also think it has taken a step back in some ways, which is really frustrating to me. I still enjoy it, just not quite as much as in years past.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:01 AM   #20
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

It has alot to do with composure. My Troy St qb qas below average against Idaho for the first half but then a TD pass to a guy and then he jumped up in ACC and THP and he was completing everything. Composure is a major cog. If a guy is rattled he won't catch that many passes. Just hit a couple short passes to boost your guys on offense and you should be fine.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:02 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:

It does a lot of things amazingly well, but I also think it has taken a step back in some ways, which is really frustrating to me. I still enjoy it, just not quite as much as in years past.

My thoughts exactly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2004, 03:50 AM   #22
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

husker9 said: Just hit a couple short passes to boost your guys on offense and you should be fine.

Bingo! I had my QB up 10 overall attribute points by the middle of the 3rd quarter. Just hit a few short passes and get your squad rolling.

Last game I was 17-25, 198 yards, 3 TD/0 INT with Jistic's AA sliders.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:28 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

my problem is not with me having a hard time passing anymore, its with the fact the computer sucks [censored].

sliders were once a good thing, but have now become a copout for the developers.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:17 AM   #24
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

ODogg said:
So is that what we say now? It's not good coverage...it's the computer jumping our routes with 3 guys to ensure an incompletion or an interception...riiight *rolls eyes*

You people make me sick. Want good coverage...cuz you whine you complete too many passes? Check. Oh wait... the cpus' too good now, I am complaining! PATHETIC!!

While I hate to be a reason in making someone ill, you really don't see a difference in wanting "good" coverage and hating the fact that DBs can run from hash mark to hash mark while the ball is in the air to deflect a pass on a WR that he wasn't even covering? There's a difference in wanting good coverage and wanting realistic coverage. Again, NCAA has always done this to a degree and most football games do it, but it doesn't make it right. If I'm running a streak with a SE and a post with my slot man, and they're 25 yards down the field with the D in straight Man coverage, when I throw the ball there better be one guy that has 1-1 coverage and one guy with the safety over the top; in NCAA there's a good chance that 2-3 guys will be within a few feet of the receiver once the ball arrrives because they all break to the target receiver the nanosecond it's thrown. It's not a cheat, it's just the way it's designed. It's not a gamekiller by itself, but I think it needs to be fixed at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »