Home

Game of The Week/Nationally Broadcasted Game Logic

This is a discussion on Game of The Week/Nationally Broadcasted Game Logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2016, 12:54 PM   #33
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

OVR: 0
Smile Re: Game of The Week/Nationally Broadcasted Game Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
Have you seen the Dynasty editor thread? You could load your dynasty file and simply give Alabama a B, B+, or etc. Television rating via that tool instead of forcing them to lose for several seasons in a row. Might make things a little easier for you.
I actually am on the ps3, and as far as I know, now I've only attempted once or twice, it was very difficult to see results with modding.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:32 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Game of The Week/Nationally Broadcasted Game Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj2360
I actually am on the ps3, and as far as I know, now I've only attempted once or twice, it was very difficult to see results with modding.
Oh I see, I've just noticed a few posters in that thread mention they have changed the recruiting rankings like TV and etc. which helped prevent the military academies from getting too powerful as well. We all love how Navy & Army become powerhouses lol

But if you've tried and it doesn't seem to work no worries, just figured I throw that out there
Old 11-10-2016, 06:32 PM   #35
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
Oh I see, I've just noticed a few posters in that thread mention they have changed the recruiting rankings like TV and etc. which helped prevent the military academies from getting too powerful as well. We all love how Navy & Army become powerhouses lol

But if you've tried and it doesn't seem to work no worries, just figured I throw that out there
Yeah dude for sure, I definitely appreciate the input... I'm always expirementing, so I love dabbling around with new things haha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj2360
Wait a second, is this based on pre-season rankings? Because I've played in a #1 vs #2 game with regional tv

Yeah. I've seen two unranked teams as Game of the Week. Or a super lopsided SEC "rivalry" game. I don't buy it's based on rankings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2016, 10:15 PM   #37
Rookie

The Ole Ball Coach's Arena

I think it's (meaning every single game) determined at the beginning of the season, but I'm not positive
Old 12-02-2016, 02:33 PM   #38
Rookie

The Navy/Army issue is fixable, but it has to deal with the option run style playbook and the run/pass ratios more than it does with the academies. Georgia Tech is a monster to b/c they have the same philosophy.

The game ratios are geared to stop the pass and you have to lower the ratios more towards stopping the run.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:08 PM   #39
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Part of me thinks team prestige may have something to do with the way TV scheduling works out.

I'm coaching a two-star prestige Colorado team and I've only gotten one nationally televised game all season, and that was Week 1 against Colorado State (Rocky Mountain Showdown). Even my games against ranked opponents were "blacked out" nationally.

Meanwhile, a 4-8 Washington team - with six-star prestige - had almost all of their games broadcast nationally this season. I'm sure it isn't based solely on prestige ratings, of course, but I really do think that has something to do with it. Though since that ties into TV exposure, it all kind of makes sense.

It is unfortunate there isn't more contextual application, though. If a team has low prestige but starts playing out of their mind, you'd think they'd start getting more exposure mid-season. Sadly it only appears to correct itself if you improve those ratings over the offseason.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:40 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
Part of me thinks team prestige may have something to do with the way TV scheduling works out.

I'm coaching a two-star prestige Colorado team and I've only gotten one nationally televised game all season, and that was Week 1 against Colorado State (Rocky Mountain Showdown). Even my games against ranked opponents were "blacked out" nationally.

Meanwhile, a 4-8 Washington team - with six-star prestige - had almost all of their games broadcast nationally this season. I'm sure it isn't based solely on prestige ratings, of course, but I really do think that has something to do with it. Though since that ties into TV exposure, it all kind of makes sense.

It is unfortunate there isn't more contextual application, though. If a team has low prestige but starts playing out of their mind, you'd think they'd start getting more exposure mid-season. Sadly it only appears to correct itself if you improve those ratings over the offseason.
This does make sense it is more of a combination of Team Prestige/TV Exposure.

In terms of your last point if a low prestige team plays out of their mind and getting more tv exposure... I don't know true this plays out if real life though, look at Western Michigan who is undefeated this year and they only had 1 game on national tv and even it was a 2pm game not primetime. And my beloved Kansas Jayhawks (who suck at football, like really bad) have had 3 national tv games, because they simply were playing teams like Texas & Oklahoma who have large fball fan bases.

So if it truly it about team prestige/tv exposure ratings I could buy that, as that is what seems to play out in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »