Home

NCAA 2005 a sim? (Warning: lengthy)

This is a discussion on NCAA 2005 a sim? (Warning: lengthy) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2004, 01:06 PM   #49
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 2005 a sim? (Warning: lengthy)

Put men in motion, get creative, use play action, use manual catch. In time you'll be over 50%.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:13 PM   #50
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

My thing is, if the game was too easy you would be done with it after two or three weeks. If the game is too hard, you would be done after two weeks. There is no satisfying anybody sometimes. What's funny is that I have seen so many people say that they are playing on Varsity. I haven't even touched Heisman yet. I am playing on AA default sliders with the exceptions of me bumping up the CPU's run block and running back ability about three notches and I bumped my WR's ability up only 2 notches. I have been getting realistic games with realistic stats with the exception of my QB. I'm sorry, but i'm tired of playing games where I win the National Championship 10 years in a row and win 100 straight games. I have seen dudes come up here and say their LB won the heisman because he had like 80 sacks by running the same garbage play. What's the fun in that? Is the game perfect? No, not by any stretch. It can always be better. Is it playable? Most definitely and I love that it's harder!! That you just cannot call the same dumb play every chance you get because you know it will work. So, if they did what they had to do to this game to make it tougher on human gamers, then fine!! To the ones who complain.....MAYBE IT'S NOT AS FUN TO YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE RUN OUT OF CHEESE!!!
Old 07-26-2004, 01:13 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
so, your answer to make these games more accessible, right

then why is it this difficult to run and pass right out the box

my god somebody shut this baby up. the game is great out of the box. your slider adjustments are training wheels. they FIXED passing this year more than any year before. if your still can't pass on default settings i suggest you stop playing freshman, learn to read a defense, and find out what an open reciever looks like. am i alone here...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2004, 01:16 PM   #52
Rookie

No football game is a perfect sim, but I think NCAA is closer than anyone else. Certainly closer than ESPN, where I threw for 350 yards in the first half JUST TO TERRELL OWENS. The DB play on that game is absolutely horrid.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:14 PM   #53
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
95% of the people out there woudln't know what to do with a "true simulation" if they got one, since most people don't know anywhere near as much about the game of football as they think they do.

Oh my, 100% absolutely the truth. great point and post.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:16 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

My last game my QB went 13-22=201 yds (58%) Passing is tougher, but not impossible.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:31 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

In regards to long passes being of higher percentage than short ones:
I thought this was the case originally as well. However, it seems that they have
just made it difficult to catch bullet passes close up this year. Like in real life,
if you gun it at a reciever that is 5 yards away, they will drop it. The result, people
that are accustomed to always throwing bullet passes will end up completing long passes
(where bullet passing is ok) more often than they complete short ones. Now, I am not
saying to lob passes, but if you just take a little something off, you will see results.
Well, it works for me anyway. The trick is to find the happy medium between a catchable ball
and one that is not going to get your reciever killed because he has to wait for it... in which case he would drop it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2004, 02:41 PM   #56
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Oh....I cannot wait to hear what people are gonna say about Madden's defensive AI when they get the game!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »