Home

Off season recruiting

This is a discussion on Off season recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2016, 06:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Off season recruiting

Thanks jello, I'll be paying attention to this more now.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:41 PM   #10
Rookie

So to clarify and more questions.....
A CPU controlled team in off season recruiting will do either 1 of 2 things,
1. Spread points evenly between 3 recruits.
2. Put all points on 1 player. (Rare, how rare though?)

I am in a battle with bama with 2 guys
76 ovr FS
79 ovr HB
If bama goes after only 1 player does he always go for highest rated?
Old 12-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke888
So to clarify and more questions.....
A CPU controlled team in off season recruiting will do either 1 of 2 things,
1. Spread points evenly between 3 recruits.
2. Put all points on 1 player. (Rare, how rare though?)

I am in a battle with bama with 2 guys
76 ovr FS
79 ovr HB
If bama goes after only 1 player does he always go for highest rated?
1. I don't know specifically if it is only 3, but each CPU team does seem to only spread their points over a few guys (less than 5-6) probably so they can allot enough points to get at least a couple of them.
2. I would say most 4 to 5 star recruits, there will be at least 1 team in the Top 10 teams in their list that does this each off season. So even if the 5th place team is 2,000 points behind you should still account for the fact that even they may put 15k points and steal him. Of course this isn't everytime, because I do believe they have programmed CPU teams to where if they are x points behind to just disregard. The "X" number is an unknown for me at this time but will try to find out more in future off seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 05:32 PM   #12
Rookie

I suppose I'll stick to a strategy of splitting my points between 2 guys each off season and pray. I could just go all out for 1 but I like the risk
The 3 star players I'm leading on I suppose I got a 50/50 chance without putting any points on them.

Anyone else do anything differently that seems to work more often or is it a crap shoot?
Old 12-13-2016, 12:05 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke888
I suppose I'll stick to a strategy of splitting my points between 2 guys each off season and pray. I could just go all out for 1 but I like the risk
The 3 star players I'm leading on I suppose I got a 50/50 chance without putting any points on them.

Anyone else do anything differently that seems to work more often or is it a crap shoot?
Ha in my opinion it is a crap shoot, but typically I have all of my recruiting needs pretty much filled before the post season recruiting week. This is really intended to grab that last 1-3ish guys you need to fill out your roster and not trying to sign 5+ guys to your team last minute, as you won't have enough points.

Your best bet is to focus on 10-15 guys a time during the season, and you should typically sign most of them quickly since you can devote almost 500 per guy each week. Once you sign a few guys, add the extra points to the next couple of guys on your list and more often than not you won't even need this post season recruiting week to sign a guy last minute.

But yes try focusing on just 2 or 3 guys to ensure you get enough points to sign them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »