Home

Ah, glad to see the "screw you game" is back

This is a discussion on Ah, glad to see the "screw you game" is back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2004, 01:25 AM   #1
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5
Ah, glad to see the \"screw you game\" is back

Everyone knows what I'm talking about. Every once in awhile the AI decides that no matter how amazing of a game you play, it's going to give you a big middle finger and not let you win. My last game was the perfect example.

I'm playing with my Miami dynasty, still in the first season. My defense is certainly the weak point, but I'm 8-0 to this point, even holding Michigan to 17 points in a narrow victory in Ann Arbor, so they're not THAT bad. On the other hand, I play Toledo, who's 4-3 at the time I think. I scored 58 points on them. My defense hasn't given up more than 27 points all year. However, the AI decides that this is the "F You" game.

At the end of the third quarter, I'm down 41-38, already a shootout. I had no idea how ridiculous it would get. Toledo adds on 35 POINTS IN THE 4th QUARTER! I swear I thought the Robo-QB was back. It's not like there was some stat that made it lopsided. There was only one turnover each way for the entire game. I didn't throw a single pick. They had a grand total of 50 more yards than I did on the day. It was incredible. I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me.

Oh well. It's happened on every other version of NCAA and Madden I've ever owned, I guess I should have known it would happen on this one too.

The only thing that upset me was that I didn't have an SI cover all year to that point....then I make the cover for being upset.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 01:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ah, glad to see the \"screw you game\" is back

I hate that. It is always there. That is why I like the game for the most part now. There is a lot of unpredictability but that one game comes along where you can tell that the CPU has decided that you will now lose a game. I wonder if it gets worse the longer you are undefeated? I was 6-0 including two wins against top 25 teams. Then I almost lost to UL of L and Air Force. I won those games by about 10 points but then lost to Georgia the week after.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:09 AM   #3
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Never happened to me. So they scored 76 points on you ? That must be a record.

Sounds like Tecmo Bowl when there was always one game you would fumble, get intercepted, and the computer would call your play every down.

God it felt so sweet to win those games !

Old 07-27-2004, 04:26 AM   #4
Rookie

I wish the computer would feel like they need to win a game once in a while against me. Im using the jstic v.2 sliders and always seem to win by like 30 pts even though the other team is even or better than the one im controlling. The stats are about even too, just not the points.

This sounds like the NFL Blitz days when the computer would never get "smarter" with the higher difficulties but always just stomp your [censored] with their unfair INTs and fumbles (not to mention their 2398u4x speed advantage). Those kinda games usually end in the system being ripped out and the controller entrenched in the wall. God, i loved those Streetfighter days...
Old 07-27-2004, 06:31 AM   #5
Rookie

I have heard alot about this topic, when these games do occur how badly are people getting beat?
I have had games where I KNEW I was not going to win because there wasn't anything I could do right but I have, at least not to this point, not been spanked like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 07:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ah yes I learned you should never upset the Tecmo gods, or the NCAA gods either.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:30 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Hmm that's interesting. In my Peach Bowl game I was down 42-14 in the 3rd. Went nuts in the 4th quarter and outscored the CPU 28-0 after they turned the ball over on three straight possessions. Tied it up but lost in OT.

Now if that had been the other way around would I have to call that 'comeback A.I.'? Comebacks happen, that's football.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:26 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

i think the computer AI kicks it up a notch when playing during the fourth quarter. in my Bama dynasty i was beating Miss State 38 to 14 in the fourth and all of a sudden they are rolling all over me. i ended up losing on a stupid last second play which was around a 50 yard bomb (my fault of course ) but i was in utter shock at the fact that they came back. playcalling definitely changes in the 4th quarter. it seemed like the CPU would cheese me, they would drop back and throw bombs, and if i had that defended they would scramble for 50 yards with the QB since my players decide to never take a look back behind them. the CPU just gave me a big kick in the a$$

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »