Home

Is any one able to get a pass rush

This is a discussion on Is any one able to get a pass rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2004, 02:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is any one able to get a pass rush

I'm Miami and I cant get a pass rush on La.Tech but their DT's push back my guards all the time. The only time I get a pass rush is when I blitz my LB and I play on Heisman no sliders is any one else having success getting sacks on heisman with no sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 02:25 AM   #2
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Is any one able to get a pass rush

Wow, that's strange. I had to adjust sliders because I was getting TOO MUCH penetration of the pocket.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:34 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 21

The conclusion that I've come to regarding this is quite simple. Well, maybe not.

But, I use FSU and I can't get a pass rush. I believe this is because of the size of my lineman. My lineman aren't big at all, so when they pass rush, they get thrown around. Also, this may result in bad pass protection because my offensive lineman aren't that big either.

I know Miami has some good lineman and their interior lineman have decent size. I do know that their DEs are talented but small, so this may equal no pass rush. They're simply being overpowered.

I was having similar problems on NCAA 2004. But after a couple years, my lineman got bigger and the sack number increased.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:05 AM   #4
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

Any of you guys play on All-American and have slider numbers for a good game? Default was way too hard. I threw for 6/45 as 2003 USC while the computer threw for 8/32 as 2003 LSU. It was a low scoring game. Too many dropped balls and instant penetration of the pocket on both sides. I tried messing with it with little change in completion rate and the computer defense batted down everything.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:52 AM   #5
Rookie

With my ends I try spreading them out to get a speed rush but they just get sucked back in to the lineman because of the way most plays are designed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 06:32 AM   #6
Rookie

I get too much of one as UNC, but I control the blitzer..I think my LOLB avgs around 4 sacks a game Jistics AA V2..
Old 07-27-2004, 06:36 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I use Jistics AA V.2 sliders and the only way I am getting a legit pass rush is to blitz with my safetys or take my LBs to the outside which in my opinion is kind of cheating. there are times however when a D lineman will get a sack but rarely am I controlling him.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:54 AM   #8
Rookie

jjonesAU's Arena

I can barely get a rush even when i blitz. I get about 2 sacks a game, if that. The only "user sacks" i've had are when i use "dog gold" from the dime, blitz from the outside, and there's a high snap. Last year the cornerstone of my defense was my pass rush. Of course, back then i had Karlos Dansby. I haven't played with anyone other than Auburn yet, and we've got 6 new starters on our front seven, so that could be part of it. Either way the outside speed rush has been practically shut down for me.

That being said, I have noticed that i'm forcing bad throws and interceptions because my pass rush is getting close enough to scare the QB (had a perfect one against bama, blitzed brodie croyle, he panicked and threw it right to my free safety, in the red zone ). I'm still winning games with strong defense, so i'm not freaking out about it. Although i did let ole miss come back from a 21 point defecit and lost in overtime, but i didnt save, replayed it and shut them out (it was one of those f-you games...).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »