Home

Tell Me About NCAA Football 11 For PS2

This is a discussion on Tell Me About NCAA Football 11 For PS2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2016, 11:47 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Tell Me About NCAA Football 11 For PS2

Just not sure the funds will be there for a new game system and the 14 version. Maybe just a change of scenery. Tell me about the 2011 version for PS2. The crazy thing is that is expensive to be PS2. How is gameplay? Is it as addicting as 06? I just want to see a change in graphics, details, bowl games, etc. Many thanks again folks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Tell Me About NCAA Football 11 For PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Just not sure the funds will be there for a new game system and the 14 version. Maybe just a change of scenery. Tell me about the 2011 version for PS2. The crazy thing is that is expensive to be PS2. How is gameplay? Is it as addicting as 06? I just want to see a change in graphics, details, bowl games, etc. Many thanks again folks.
its not bad. I liked 09 more tho. 09 was best ps2 version to me
Old 01-01-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
Pro

I will have to check out 09 then. Also, can either or both of these versions revert to the old controls? Like I am playing 06 but I like the choice of playing it with the 05 controls. Are there any sites that has the controls for each game version listed? Thanks
Old 01-01-2017, 04:54 PM   #4
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
I will have to check out 09 then. Also, can either or both of these versions revert to the old controls? Like I am playing 06 but I like the choice of playing it with the 05 controls. Are there any sites that has the controls for each game version listed? Thanks
visually, there's no difference between the games. There's perhaps a few new animations here and there, and the presentation layout is different, but that's about it.

gameplay features have changed year to year. I think 06 is the best to be honest, which is why I still play it. I also do not like the presentation style of the newer PS2 era games. The font is very kiddie-like and I dont like some of the features like Jump the snap.

There's several threads about which game has what, if you do a search on this forum.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:33 AM   #5
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

I would get NCAA 10 for PS2, if I was you. The reason being that EA probably knew not many people would buy NCAA 11 for PS2 and didnt focus many resources on it. That being said, there are some weird graphical issues with the game such as Purdue having Blue facemasks, UCLA having really weird looking pants (They are like a rust color with a light blue 'test' pattern), and stephen F. Austin has messed up number colors (numbers 7,8,9,0 are white on the uniforms while the other numbers are red.) If you can get past these things, then get NCAA 11. But I dont think NCAA 11 added anything new that NCAA 10 didnt have, or even NCAA 09 for that matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #6
Pro

Does 09, 10, or 11 for that matter have the old controls as a choice in the settings? I still like the old controls for some reason. Like 06 gives you the choice to go back and change controller settings to 2005... I think 05 anyway. It is crazy how expensive 11 is for ps2. The last game for it I guess. I will check out 10. Thanks again.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:52 PM   #7
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

Quote:
Does 09, 10, or 11 for that matter have the old controls as a choice in the settings? I still like the old controls for some reason. Like 06 gives you the choice to go back and change controller settings to 2005... I think 05 anyway. It is crazy how expensive 11 is for ps2. The last game for it I guess. I will check out 10. Thanks again.
What do you mean by old controls? like "O" is sprint on defense? I can check it out for you if you can explain what you mean.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:56 PM   #8
Pro

Yes. I believe I use O to Sprint on defense. On 06 you can go to settings and change from default to street to 2005. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »