Home

Defensive Playcaling Advice/Suggestions

This is a discussion on Defensive Playcaling Advice/Suggestions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive Playcaling Advice/Suggestions

At work right now. I will post in a little while. I just switched over to All American. I never thought I could keep up but I can. I used to play sliders on 60% on almost everything except special teams on Varsity.

I will post sliders later, but I can say that I am okay with my offense's production. The defense for San Jose State is rated at a D-. I don't even have enough CB's. WR's are having to fill in the holes. Recruiting on defense wasn't very nice to me this off-season. I have to play at Stanford and at Arizona coming up. I don't want to beat teams I am not supposed to. But beat the ones I should. Thanks minotauri.

I was thinking about the 50/50 slider you mentioned. I also noticed this. I can get close to the QB on a blitz and the pressure makes him make a horrible throw and the WR doesn't grab it. Understandable. There have been times where my blitz has hit the QB as he throws and he connects on a 50 yard bomb. Come on now.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #10
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
At work right now. I will post in a little while. I just switched over to All American. I never thought I could keep up but I can. I used to play sliders on 60% on almost everything except special teams on Varsity.

I will post sliders later, but I can say that I am okay with my offense's production. The defense for San Jose State is rated at a D-. I don't even have enough CB's. WR's are having to fill in the holes. Recruiting on defense wasn't very nice to me this off-season. I have to play at Stanford and at Arizona coming up. I don't want to beat teams I am not supposed to. But beat the ones I should. Thanks minotauri.

I was thinking about the 50/50 slider you mentioned. I also noticed this. I can get close to the QB on a blitz and the pressure makes him make a horrible throw and the WR doesn't grab it. Understandable. There have been times where my blitz has hit the QB as he throws and he connects on a 50 yard bomb. Come on now.
Here's the sliders I'm using currently. It's always in constant tweaking, but I've been playing 06 again regularly for the past year and half and this is where I'm standing. I play a 50/50 rush/pass pro-style offense. I also typically play DT on defense or just let the AI play defense for me. If you don't touch the controller, your player will just act on his own. One thing that I have not been able to throttle down is the number of pancake blocks the human O-Line gets. It's a tad absurd - im not sure they are calculating it right because I don't see that many dlineman get blown up either.

NCAA Football 06
Game Settings: 7 mins / All-American

Offense:
QB Accuracy 50 / 50
Pass Blocking 55 / 55
WR Catching 50 / 50
RB Ability 30 / 40
Run Blocking 25 / 40

Defense:
Awareness 45 / 45
Knockdowns 55 / 55
Interception 5 / 5
Break Block 25 / 25
Tackling 35 / 35

Penalties
False Start 80
Holding 70
Face Mask 70
Off PI 99
Def PI 99
Clipping 60
Int Grounding 90
Roughing Passer 99
Roughing Kicker 90
Unsportsman 60

Last edited by antdroid; 01-05-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:38 PM   #11
Pro

To the naked eye, these look more "level". Some players had theirs at
HUMAN 5/CPU 35 on awareness or passing. They could probably handle that. Not this gamer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2017, 02:17 PM   #12
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
To the naked eye, these look more "level". Some players had theirs at
HUMAN 5/CPU 35 on awareness or passing. They could probably handle that. Not this gamer.

It really depends on how you play as well as how long your quarter lengths are too. I let the AI play defense mostly, while some people do user controlled defenders (and they're really good at it). I keep my defensive sliders balanced and relatively equal for that reason, because in theory, if the AI is doing all the work, then it should be equal.

On offensive side, I've played around with boosting the CPU sliders a tad more than my own. I could see putting the QB slider up a notch for CPU. I had it originally at 45/50, but i noticed my QB doing a lot of weird throws and getting low pass completion pcts so I wanted to up it a bit. The run blocking/running game is a tad easy in this game, so that's why I slid it way down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »