Home

Without a doubt, counter plays are the best running plays this year

This is a discussion on Without a doubt, counter plays are the best running plays this year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2004, 01:40 PM   #9
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Without a doubt, counter plays are the best running plays this yea

yeah this year and last year, my best running play is the counter out of the I-Twins package. If the defense is in man coverage there will be no one on one side of the field, so all you gotta do is out run the LBs to the sideline. This year I have noticed DL breaking through on my and it also doesn't work as well on 3-4 defenses.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

The counter is nice as long as a LB doesn't come free off of the blitz. You have to mix it up though to really break a nice run off with the counter. I like to use dives, stings and off tackles to one side then use a counter when the defense starts to cheat a bit. The pulling guard really hauls tail. In some cases the guard will miss the blitz or if he picks it up sometimes a DB can trip you up before you really break a long one. Dives seem to be my best play, even when the holes close up. I just bounce the play outside and head for the sideline...
Old 07-27-2004, 02:00 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Notre Dame has a weak side counter out of the off-set I formation. I used it one time near the end of a game last night and it went for 22 yards, if I would have Juked the SS, it would have gone to the House.

The play looked rally nice, the whole offensive and defensive lines as well as the linebackers flowed to the strong side. My HB went back the other way, it almost lokked like a naked HB bootleg. It was cool watching the play develop in slow motion...Heisman Difficulty to boot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 02:44 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

I think the dives that are bounced outside are better than the counters. That is when your TE isnt being blasted back but thats why Ive been converting OL with good hands to TE. I really like running this out of Ace twin, flipping a play then motioning the TE to the 2 WRs. The defense often invites this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »