Home

Mudtiger + NCAA 06 Revival Sliders... Advice

This is a discussion on Mudtiger + NCAA 06 Revival Sliders... Advice within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2017, 10:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Mudtiger + NCAA 06 Revival Sliders... Advice

Just looking around at sliders after a 73-36 thrashing of my Iowa State Cyclones by Texas A&M. We were just about evenly rated also. All B's across the board. Anyway, I hold value in what you all have done with these sliders.

I am a total data guy. Am I the best representative to play NCAA 06 to test them out? Not by a long shot.

What I found on NCAA 06 Revival and he gives total credit to Mudtiger:

Offense
Human and CPU the same
QB Accuracy 10%
Pass Block 0%
WR Catching 50%
RB Ability 0%
Run Block 0%

Defense
-------------Human----CPU
Awareness---10%------5%
Knockdowns--50%-----50%
Interceptions--0%------0%
Break Blocks---0%------0%
Tackles--------0%------0%

Special Teams
Human and CPU the same
FGL 25%
FGA 0%
PL 35%
PA 0%
KOL 30%

NCAA Revival 06 says that these sliders take the full impact out of the Impact Players. Some effect is still there. Also stated was that running between the tackles could actually be done. I will be trying these out tomorrow. I feel the awfully low numbers will cause me to be even more sorry at this game. Why would some of the sliders be set to zero?

Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 11:31 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Mudtiger + NCAA 06 Revival Sliders... Advice

Never played '06, but I have some advice after all of your posts. You can't keep constantly changing sliders. There's entirely too much randomness in the game for 1, 2' or even 5 games to be a good sample size.

What you need to do is play several games (at least 10) with the same sliders, ideally in several different scenarios (I.E. evenly matched teams, very outmatched, very overmatched, etc). What I do when testing sliders is to start a new dynasty with a few teams of different qualities. I'll set the quarter length to be half of what I'm gonna use and them play a bunch of games. Since the quarter lengths are half of what they should be, I multiply the stats by 2 to see what they should be, while getting to play my test games in half the time.

The important thing though, is to increase your sample size. Maybe you gave up 73 points because the sliders are too tough. Maybe you gave up 73 because it was simply a fluke and your sliders are perfect. If you change your sliders often, you'll never know.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »