Home

CPU defense blocked my punt!

This is a discussion on CPU defense blocked my punt! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2017, 01:27 PM   #1
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU defense blocked my punt!

I've probably played 500+ games of NCAA 14 and have never blocked a punt, or had one of mine blocked, until now. I super sim (and watch) all special teams plays. Playing as Oregon State at home against #7 Wisconsin I was punting from my own 32. A Wisconsin player somehow managed to time his dive and actually blocked my punt, then his buddy picked it up and returned it to my 11 yard line before getting chased down. I didn't think it was possible to block punts in this game but apparently it is

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

Re: CPU defense blocked my punt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
I've probably played 500+ games of NCAA 14 and have never blocked a punt, or had one of mine blocked, until now. I super sim (and watch) all special teams plays. Playing as Oregon State at home against #7 Wisconsin I was punting from my own 32. A Wisconsin player somehow managed to time his dive and actually blocked my punt, then his buddy picked it up and returned it to my 11 yard line before getting chased down. I didn't think it was possible to block punts in this game but apparently it is

I had a punt blocked once , like you , I've played a bunch and finally saw it happen . Threw my remote because of the excitement , even though it didn't benefit me just glad it happen . On that note I had a personal foul called late hit out of bounds first time I ever seemed that! Wish EA could do a upgrade or some sort of patch I'll would pay it if u had too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
MVP

whughes's Arena

I agree. I'd gladly pay $10-$15 for some sort of dlc that fixed penalties and added the playoffs without having to mod the game around. I've never seen a late hit penalty but it happens every single game at least once

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 01-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #4
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Cool that you saw a block. I haven't blocked a punt or FG, nor had one against me, but I will say that the CPU nosetackle has been regularly blowing up my snapper, as in destroying him and pushing him back so close that it looks like it could possibly affect the PAT one of these times. (only been happening on PAT's)
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 01-17-2017, 07:55 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
I'm glad someone has witnessed this because I was playing a game once and decided to sim my own punt and saw on the screen that it had been blocked which was cool. So I've actually been wondering if it would still happen even if you watched the play instead but I guess I know now. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airraid73
I had a punt blocked once , like you , I've played a bunch and finally saw it happen . Threw my remote because of the excitement , even though it didn't benefit me just glad it happen . On that note I had a personal foul called late hit out of bounds first time I ever seemed that! Wish EA could do a upgrade or some sort of patch I'll would pay it if u had too!

That's crazy that you had a penalty for a late hit out of bounds lol. How far did you hit him out of bounds becuase I've done it plenty of times but I've never even seen it before and actually actually didn't even know it was in the game.

Last edited by VTHokie525; 01-18-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #6
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
I was playing a game once and decided to sim my own punt and saw on the screen that it had been blocked which was cool but was wondering if it would still happen even if you watched the play instead but I guess I know know. Thanks for sharing!

That's crazy that you had a penalty for a late hit out of bounds lol. How far did you hit him out of bounds becuase I've done it plenty of times but I've never even seen it before and actually actually didn't even know it was in the game.

I hit a rb heading toward the sideline and somehow I hit him and drew a flag .. granted this happen the yr the game was released haven't had anything like that happen since ! I average 2 to 4 penalties a game that's about it!

Old 01-18-2017, 01:19 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by airraid73
I hit a rb heading toward the sideline and somehow I hit him and drew a flag .. granted this happen the yr the game was released haven't had anything like that happen since ! I average 2 to 4 penalties a game that's about it!

Huh...makes me wonder if they did something in one of the patches which causes it not to happen anymore. It's sad that the penalty mechanics in the game are totally broken...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »