Home

Okay. I Give Up.

This is a discussion on Okay. I Give Up. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2017, 11:12 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Okay. I Give Up.

I had asked about posting this in the Dynasty section on the thread about testing offenses and a fellow poster had mentioned not posting non dynasty material there. It isn't legitimately a dynasty. The other poster has probably been here longer than me, so I figured he was probably correct. I admit I have a few posts related to gameplay, ncaa versions, etc. I am playing 06. Only version I have. Peace you guys. Didn't mean to step on toes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 07:52 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Okay. I Give Up.

I enjoyed your posts.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

I don't think it is about stepping on toes. It has more to do with following the site setup and remembering that you are not playing the most recent version of the game. If you had posted a thread titled "Getting back into the game with 06" and posted your thoughts, comments and questions under that one thread, you would probably find more relevant responses and would not have to worry about "stepping on toes."

While 06 does have a following on the site, you do have to keep in mind that 06 players are in the minority. Most of the users of this forum are here to keep the final version as alive and current as they can, since we do not know if or when we will see another college football game made.

I spent quite a while "lurking and learning" before I started posting on the site. I know I still managed to ask some, in my own eyes, dumb questions. There is a ton of history that stems back over many versions of the game. Searching can be a bit challenging because keywords can give you tons of results to filter through, but it is better to find an answer that has already been given than to ask a question that has been asked 100 times before.

Another idea may be to pick up 14. You can pick up the digital version on Xbox for $20. Like I said, some users prefer 06 over 14. If you don't have a preference, then upgrading may be an option. If you don't want to upgrade, then I would go the route of either creating a single 06 thread that you can post everything 06 related, or finding an existing 06 thread and adding to it. You might get more responses from an existing 06 thread, as some 06 players may be subscribed to those threads with their Tapatalk accounts and may be more apt to see and respond to your posts.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #4
Pro

Right now the only system I have is PS2. I did have a ton of questions earlier about gameplay, because you all are way more into the game as far as plays and schemes and that stuff. Even though I play 06, I enjoy the dynasty updates, the recruiting news, and sports articles sounding posts. Even though, I do play 06, I was interested in making those types of posts related to dynasty and sports sounding articles. I will go by the advice and post my new conference alignment and "son-created" bowl game in the dynasty thread.

I have to say I am a huge fan of message boards and have been looking for one like this especially related to a college football video game.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Questions are great and it's nice to see active people. I think the issue is that you seem to start a new thread for every little thing. In the 1st 2 pages of the NCAA forum there are 20 (TWENTY!) threads that you've started, which is really excessive (even more so since they're all (?) for such an old game). As others have suggested, it'd be much better if they were contained to a few threads.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Right now the only system I have is PS2. I did have a ton of questions earlier about gameplay, because you all are way more into the game as far as plays and schemes and that stuff. Even though I play 06, I enjoy the dynasty updates, the recruiting news, and sports articles sounding posts. Even though, I do play 06, I was interested in making those types of posts related to dynasty and sports sounding articles. I will go by the advice and post my new conference alignment and "son-created" bowl game in the dynasty thread.

I have to say I am a huge fan of message boards and have been looking for one like this especially related to a college football video game.

Thanks.
Bro you can get a PS3 at gamestop for like $100-$120 and NCAA 14 for like $30. Trust me, it's far and away better than 06, no question, it's worth it.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:51 PM   #7
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

You can use your arena blog for that stuff.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 01-21-2017, 01:23 AM   #8
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

I still play 06 a lot.

I recommend you post to Volwalker's NCAA06 Revival thread that I and others posted several times. There's also A LOT of good info within that thread as well as on his website. I also have an 06 roster thread as well as a modding thread that has activity on it, which includes sliders and other topics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »