Home

players who dont sign

This is a discussion on players who dont sign within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2004, 10:02 PM   #1
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
players who dont sign

i was wondering if when players dont sign some of then will show up a few years down the road as JUCO. has anyone ever saw this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 10:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Heel_Fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: players who dont sign

I dont know I have heard people say that EA said something like they didnt qualify academically, if they become JUCOs later I dont know, but I do know that one recruiting period 6 of the top 10 players in the nation didnt sign with anyone. That was annoying you mean to tell me some school somewhere wouldnt give them a shot... like some school in the SEC? Just kidding its only a joke.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:16 AM   #3
X marks the spot

zephyr13's Arena

OVR: 5

I just finished year 2 in my dynasty and I recruited a kid who didn't sign with anyone but then showed up on my roster as a walk on. He was an 88 QB as a walk on. RAD
Old 07-28-2004, 12:21 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've noticed a high amount of 4 and 5 star players that don't sign anywhere. What is worse is when you are their number one school and they don't sign. I guess that is because you didn't "close the deal." I don't know. Sometimes they will sign though and that is a nice bonus.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:43 AM   #5
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I noticed this when I simmed some recruiting last week. The top FS in the nation was in-state, so I went after him really hard, but he never signed with me and I don't think he signed with anyone else either. If they do in fact come back as Juco's, it would be a nice touch, but it would also be nice to know if the player is not qualified/qualified, and maybe update it each week during recruiting.

I would think it is most likely a bug. It was never this way in years past and was never advertised as a feature or a new tweak to recruiting.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 11:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

They walk-on sometimes. Its kinda cool to get a 4 star player "for free".

The didnt qualify thing EA is telling us would be great if they showed up later as JUCOs but ive never seen someone actually confirm this. Its mostly just been speculation.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:32 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

I've had it happen! A SS named Joseph Stront. I recruited him in 2005 and he didn't sign. He was a 4 star. In 2007 he was able to be recruited as a Juco Soph. I got him in the 2nd week because I was his first choice. Was kinda cool to see this for myself because I had only heard about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »