Home

Dynasty Mode - NCAA 11 recruiting

This is a discussion on Dynasty Mode - NCAA 11 recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2017, 01:39 AM   #1
Rookie

Huskereurocat's Arena

OVR: 0
Dynasty Mode - NCAA 11 recruiting

I just get NCAA 11 and am playing through a test dynasty. I selected 15 recruits at the beginning of the season and the majority of those turned belly up. How do I go after other recruits or are you stuck with only 15 per season to work with? I am at the end of week 9 and have got 4 commits and one on the fence. The rest are bust. Can I even go after other recruits?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #2

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Dynasty Mode - NCAA 11 recruiting

NCAA '11 without the patch and tuner set is unplayable due to the default recruiting settings. Pretty much all your recruits will suck and 90% of the teams in the nation will be C- or worse by year 5 and the best team's are like B-.

The game still prompts you for the patch download when you start, but you'll need to upload the tuner set from elsewhere. It took me a lot of digging two years ago when I decided to revive my old Tulane dynasty project on NCAA 11, and this is where I found it: https://digiex.net/threads/ncaa-foot...update-3.6657/

You'll need to purchase a data transfer kit and upload it yourself onto your hard drive.

It's kind of a pain, but was worth it for me since I had no interest in playing any other dynasty.

To answer your question though, you can add or remove recruits from your initial list at will. Just go to the "Find Recruits" menu or the "All Recruits" menu, find who you want, and add them to your list.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 02-14-2017, 12:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Huskereurocat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
NCAA '11 without the patch and tuner set is unplayable due to the default recruiting settings. Pretty much all your recruits will suck and 90% of the teams in the nation will be C- or worse by year 5 and the best team's are like B-.

The game still prompts you for the patch download when you start, but you'll need to upload the tuner set from elsewhere. It took me a lot of digging two years ago when I decided to revive my old Tulane dynasty project on NCAA 11, and this is where I found it: https://digiex.net/threads/ncaa-foot...update-3.6657/

You'll need to purchase a data transfer kit and upload it yourself onto your hard drive.

It's kind of a pain, but was worth it for me since I had no interest in playing any other dynasty.

To answer your question though, you can add or remove recruits from your initial list at will. Just go to the "Find Recruits" menu or the "All Recruits" menu, find who you want, and add them to your list.
Thanks for the reply!
Were you using Xbox360 or PS2 for your game? The tuner update was for Xbox.
I have not found anything like "Find Recruits" or "All recruits" as a menu option. I can only view "Prospect Information" pressing X, view "Team Overview" pressing O, or "Help" pressing the square. It just tells me how to add or subtract hours from each prospect, not how to change them. Is this changed in the tuner fix?
EDIT: BTW, I am never prompted to install any updates? What's up with that, thoughts?

Last edited by Huskereurocat; 02-14-2017 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 02-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskereurocat
Thanks for the reply!
Were you using Xbox360 or PS2 for your game? The tuner update was for Xbox.
I have not found anything like "Find Recruits" or "All recruits" as a menu option. I can only view "Prospect Information" pressing X, view "Team Overview" pressing O, or "Help" pressing the square. It just tells me how to add or subtract hours from each prospect, not how to change them. Is this changed in the tuner fix?
EDIT: BTW, I am never prompted to install any updates? What's up with that, thoughts?
Sorry man, I just assumed you were on the 360 or PS3. Didn't even realize they made an NCAA 11 for the PS2.

Yeah I have no idea how to answer this unfortunately.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:21 PM   #5
Just started!

I am having this same issue. So, it is the missing tuners that is causing this problem? If I download it, it will fix the issues?

I just bought this game with several other NCAA football games several months ago for the 360, and the one problem I am having with this version is that nobody on my team on Dynasty Mode is progressing. I am using USC, and on the 3rd season, and Matt Barkley's overall is still the same as the first season when he was a Sophomore, 86. Actually, none of the players' overalls progress, not even by a point.

Also, and finally, do you know anybody with the name-rosters and tuners for NCAA football 12 and 13? I have both games and have yet to even open them. (I am going to, though, but getting too hooked on 11.) I was recently told that their servers are also shutdown and was looking forward to playing them with the names. And, do I need their tuners? Do they have the same problems as NCAA 11 that they become unplayable, as you say, without the tuners?

Anyways, thanks for reading my message and thanks to you or anyone that responds.....✌
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2017, 08:08 PM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

You have to remove the patch to run progression and then after that stage, re-download the patch.

Even with the tuner, progression is broken for some reason with this game.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:52 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskereurocat
I just get NCAA 11 and am playing through a test dynasty. I selected 15 recruits at the beginning of the season and the majority of those turned belly up. How do I go after other recruits or are you stuck with only 15 per season to work with? I am at the end of week 9 and have got 4 commits and one on the fence. The rest are bust. Can I even go after other recruits?
the old PS2 version. basically due to the fact you can only invest 100 hours per week, and your competing against 7 other schools for each prospect, it's impossible to get more than 5 or 6 recruits per season for in-season recruiting. you can only recruit those you target at preseason stage.

either only target 5 or 6 recruits to begin with and split your 100 hours accordingly (at least 15-20 per recruit, investing more hours for each recruit helps, but going below 15 hours for a recruit leaves you open to being overtaken by other schools and getting cut from his list when he trims down to 5 schools and then to 3).

or target 15 recruits at the positions of most need, then in week 1 gauge where each prospect has you ranked on their 8 school list and then invest your 100 hours in the prospect at each position that ranks your school the highest.

one other thing to mention, is there is offseason recruiting where you can chase after anybody (and often the recruits tend to be better caliber anyway).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »