Home

WOW! Momentum plays a HUGE role in this game!

This is a discussion on WOW! Momentum plays a HUGE role in this game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2004, 10:41 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
WOW! Momentum plays a HUGE role in this game!

I started my dynasty last night, actually an 8 team dynasty because I want to get a feeling of how various rated teams will react to my Heisman sliders. My teams are (Texas, ND, Mich, Mich St., Cincinnatti, Central Mich, Alabama, & Wake Forest).

ANyway I started with North Texas @ Texas(Me)...

Texas Kicks off and N. Texas starts on their 25 yard line. They run two plays and its 3rd and inches...They line up in a goal line and hit a streaking TE for about 40 yards on a brilliant play call. They throw a couple slants run some more plays and their QB takes it in an 11 yard QB draw. North Texas 7, Texas 0

I get the ball and go 3 and out. 2 runs and then a screen pass for -1 yards. I punt the ball, they take over around their 40.

North Texas gets a clipping penalty to take them back to their 25....15 plays and 4+ minutes later, Hall the NT QB hits a reciver on a slant for the TD.
North Texas 14, Texas 0....

I get the ball back and return it to the 20. I put together a mini drive and stall around mid field. End of the 1st quarter.

They get the ball and are marching again. Hall for NT is now 11/14 for 153 yards 1 TD and 1 rush TD. They get to the TExas 45 and call a counter play, Cobb takes it 45 yards for the TD..but wait a hold calls it back. They end up stalling and punting.

Texas gets the ball back and marches again to about mid field, but has to punt. North Texas, cant get anything going and punts. Texas gets back to mid-field and punts. With 2 minutes left, NT has the ball on their 20...Hall is hit as he throws...Interception....TYexas Ball at the NT 22...6 plays later, all running...TD with just a few seconds left....
North Texas 14, Texas 7 Halftime

Texas gets the ball to start the second half, long drive, FG. 14-10

NT gets the ball and gets to about mid field and punts...1 11 yard run from Benson and then Young Hits Carter on a quick slant over the middle, the One defender went to bat the ball, the other ran into the other crossing receiver, 69 yard TD on the slant. Texas 17-NT 14

Texas never looked back, won 34-17....Hall the NT QB ended the game 19-32 with 1 TD and 4 Int after an 11-14 start. I can't help but believe that the Holding penalty on the Cobb TD run deflated North Texas and the INt that led to a TD right before half broke the confidence and will of Hall. Once NT lost the momentum on the road, the crowd got louder and there was no way they were getting it back.

Final Stats were NT 33-125-1TD rushing
NT 19-32-221yrds 1 TD 4 Int

UT 33-224-2TD rushing
UT 9-21-2TD 1 INT Passing

It really had the feel of a college game especially with the crowd getting louder and louder. The 69 yard slant was one of the most exiting plays I've had on any NCAA game, it took the lead for good and the crowd was deafening as Carter streaked to the endzone.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »