Home

Insta-Commit Broken?

This is a discussion on Insta-Commit Broken? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5
Insta-Commit Broken?

So I'm in Week 4 of Year 16 of an Online Dynasty, coaching Texas A&M and coming off of a National Championship run. I've also had a decade-long streak of having the #1 recruiting class every year. Because of my team's success there are always tons of recruits interested in my school, and this year is no exception--I generally fill most of my pre-season recruiting board with 3-5 star prospects who have my squad in their top 5 schools.

I have all of my HC recruiting skills maxed out, including Instant Commit at the full 20% chance. I only offer scholarships when I am #1 on on recruit's list to maximize my chances of signing guys early.

Before this season began, I added skill points to the "Clutch" skill (the highest skill) in the Game Management skill tree for the first time. I think I'm at Level 2 on the Clutch skill right now. One other possibly relevant detail is that in order to play the NC game against another user in the OD last season, I had to delete my XBox 360's cache file.

So far, I have followed my usual recruiting formula and only offered scholarships to recruits who have my school as their top choice. Unlike every other year since I obtained the Instant Commit skill, however, I have not gotten a single commitment yet, even though I have offered a total of 22 scholarships so far. I realize that with a 20% chance per recruit, this is statistically possible, but it definitely seems unlikely given the number of offers I've made and my experience in previous seasons.

I'm wondering if my Instant Commit skill is somehow broken? Could having points in the "Clutch" skill on the GM tree somehow be cancelling out the highest skill in the Recruiting tree? Could deleting my cache file have affected this somehow? Or am I just having spectacularly bad luck this season? All of my other skills seem to be operating normally.

Has anybody had a similar experience?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2017, 03:41 AM   #2
Rookie

binga30's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Insta-Commit Broken?

I play offline only, but recently in 2nd season of a USC dynasty, not 1 insta-commit, and I usually get 3-4 each year even with other schools.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:40 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Insta-Commit Broken?

Same here i also play offline..........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »