Home

Reality of EA and NCAA Football 2005<<<<<<MUST READ!!!!!

This is a discussion on Reality of EA and NCAA Football 2005<<<<<<MUST READ!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 03:49 PM   #17
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Reality of EA and NCAA Football 2005<<<<<<MUST READ!!!!!

Quote:

ChicagoSparty said:
In response:

As for the catching, set it to 20, and you'll have no problems.

Absolutely untrue. I have tried this game over and over and have finally had enough. Enough 3-22 passing games by the CPU...enough receivers running wide open over the middle time after time with the ball clanking off their chests (both with QB and catch at 20), enough heaving a ball into triple coverage for fantastic catch after catch, enough being able to scoot to the outside at will and consistently break 15-20 yd runs and on and on.

I know that everyone has different "joystick" abilities. I'm probably in the middle. Many parts of the game are great...BUT...

THE GAMEPLAY ITSELF IS BROKEN.

1) The drops do go down some if you play on varsity but then the overall game is too easy. Moving up to AA (with Jistics sliders) results in a comical amount of drops (with QB and catch both at 20 for CPU and human). If the amount of wide open drops don't drive you insane, you must be double dosing the Prozac.
2) No matter what team you coach, if you aren't in the top 5 in run defense (in the nation), something is wrong. The CPU cannot consistently run the ball. I know, I know...there are individual instances of CPU running. Overall, it is nonexistent. This really, really bites too because in college football, there are always teams who will pile up hundreds of rushing yards game after game. Not against a human opponent they won't.

I like to play a realistic game of football. I refuse to throw deep 3 times and hope I complete a 40 yarder. I refuse to run the same counter play over and over all the way down the field. If my RB goes for a 5 yd gain on 1st down, I might run a PA and try for something short across the middle....wide open...he's got it...oh no...PLUNK...right off the chest.

What really scares me is the sales figures I see posted in several places. This game sold off the charts this year. EA has no incentive to improve anything. I'm as guilty as anyone and wish I had never bought the game.

Back to FOF, TPF, TCY, OOTP I guess.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:59 PM   #18
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

lilgreg said:
Quote:

zephyr13 said:
Must read my a$$. I can't believe I wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this crap.

No matter where you go or who you talk to you will always run into an immature A$$ Hole like this guy. I guess it was to much to realize that at the start and finish of what i wrote it clearly stated OPINION

Maybe it was the fact that you put "MUST READ" in the subject like it was some sort of self-anointed title.

Personally, I think you're just not any good because I can pass the ball just fine.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:11 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Guys, practice does make perfect... through trial and error you kinda learn when to throw a ball and when not to.. yes, the DB's are superhuman at times, but we have to adjust to that... Passing has become easier for me... I thought I'd never see the day of 50% completion on heisman, but the days are coming, JUST not against good defenses..
Old 07-31-2004, 04:12 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:

Squint said:
Quote:

lilgreg said:
y do you have to call it multiple times. That does nothing but waste time off the clock

It's called realism.

No, a team would use hand signals to communicate. This is according to their cover boy this year.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:19 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

markprior22 said:
Quote:

ChicagoSparty said:
In response:

As for the catching, set it to 20, and you'll have no problems.

Absolutely untrue. I have tried this game over and over and have finally had enough. Enough 3-22 passing games by the CPU...enough receivers running wide open over the middle time after time with the ball clanking off their chests (both with QB and catch at 20), enough heaving a ball into triple coverage for fantastic catch after catch, enough being able to scoot to the outside at will and consistently break 15-20 yd runs and on and on.

I know that everyone has different "joystick" abilities. I'm probably in the middle. Many parts of the game are great...BUT...

THE GAMEPLAY ITSELF IS BROKEN.

1) The drops do go down some if you play on varsity but then the overall game is too easy. Moving up to AA (with Jistics sliders) results in a comical amount of drops (with QB and catch both at 20 for CPU and human). If the amount of wide open drops don't drive you insane, you must be double dosing the Prozac.
2) No matter what team you coach, if you aren't in the top 5 in run defense (in the nation), something is wrong. The CPU cannot consistently run the ball. I know, I know...there are individual instances of CPU running. Overall, it is nonexistent. This really, really bites too because in college football, there are always teams who will pile up hundreds of rushing yards game after game. Not against a human opponent they won't.

I like to play a realistic game of football. I refuse to throw deep 3 times and hope I complete a 40 yarder. I refuse to run the same counter play over and over all the way down the field. If my RB goes for a 5 yd gain on 1st down, I might run a PA and try for something short across the middle....wide open...he's got it...oh no...PLUNK...right off the chest.

What really scares me is the sales figures I see posted in several places. This game sold off the charts this year. EA has no incentive to improve anything. I'm as guilty as anyone and wish I had never bought the game.

Back to FOF, TPF, TCY, OOTP I guess.

You must be a much better player than I am, because with CPU running at 20/20, good teams run all over me (as Michigan State, a middle-of-the-road team).

And on the WR catching note, I guess we can agree to disagree. I see few drops every game. The CPU does have a low completion percentage (around 40-45% on average), but that's because it does not use its safety valves out of the backfield and look "long-to-short" when passing the ball. I really don't see that many drops. I usually complete at least 50%, and the ones I don't are not on drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 05:05 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Everyones entitled to their opinion.......even if its a wrong one

P.s. - Statements like "Can't get any pressure with a 90 OVR DT lead me to believe you do not know how to play the game.."
Old 07-31-2004, 05:51 PM   #23
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

grunt said:
Quote:

Squint said:
Quote:

lilgreg said:
y do you have to call it multiple times. That does nothing but waste time off the clock

It's called realism.

No, a team would use hand signals to communicate. This is according to their cover boy this year.

Read the entire thread and you'd see my comments on hand signals involved in video games. Get back to me if you don't understand my post. Grunt
Old 07-31-2004, 06:02 PM   #24
Rookie

monsterhound's Arena

OVR: 3

Oy... 99 times out of 100 the words "must read" in the subject line, especially when they are in all caps followed by multiple exclamation points, means a lame post will follow. Unfortunately I was optimistic in hoping that this was that 1 post out of 100.

Let's see... you're pissed because they didn't add more lines and different intros and pissed because they did add substantive things like home field advantage and composure. Ask a team that travels to Tennessee if the crowd noise doesn't affect their play calling.

Look, I don't like this version of NCAA 2005 either; the slowdown is a killer on the XBox. That's why I'm playing '04. But some of your complaints are just off, especially when you try to say they're backed up by fact and reality.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »