Home

What position would you play this guy at?

This is a discussion on What position would you play this guy at? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2017, 02:09 AM   #1
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
What position would you play this guy at?

Just managed to snag the #1 Free Safety in this draft class and the kid is talented. 5* coming in at 81 overall. Both free safeties currently on my roster are seniors so he could definitely play there, although at 6'1" and 216lbs I was thinking about moving him to OLB kind of like a Jabrill Peppers. His stats are:
96 speed
93 acc
80 strength
85 tackle
80 hit power
73 man coverage
76 zone coverage
81 press

His zone coverage rating is lower than what I want my free safeties to have, which is another reason I was thinking of moving him to OLB because I have holes to fill there as well. I run a base 4-3 with 4-2-5 mixed in on passing downs, so I'll probably put him at one of the SS positions in the 4-2-5 formations but I can't decide where I want him to play in my base 4-3

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: What position would you play this guy at?

Probably outside linebacker like you mentioned. Although it would depend a lot on my roster. He would be an animal there in a few years though.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #3
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

Put him in the Peppers role in a 4-2-5. He'll wreck in there. You're pretty much free to move him around.

EDIT: In a 4-3, putting him in at OLB is the best option.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:24 PM   #4
MVP

whughes's Arena

Thanks for the replies guys. I was leaning toward OLB, but I have seniors starting in both positions next season. I don't want to redshirt this kid because it feels like cheating (and wouldn't happen IRL) so I think I'm going to move him to OLB on the roster so he can develop there, but start him at SS in the 4-2-5 so he still sees the field a lot this year. With that speed, he'll also be the fastest player on my team so I'll have to find a way to work him in on offense as well.

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 04-13-2017, 09:59 PM   #5
Rookie

Work him in on strategic down and distance roles and special teams plays, and goal line scenarios as an OLB for now, but keep him a FS till your seniors graduate. If you do change his position just make sure his awareness doesn't drop a ton when switching his position. My gripe with switching position is the awareness alays drops even when switching to a relatively similar position. This is especially prevelation in o-linemen I mean I can see a drop from tackle to center or even gurd but from tackle to tackle or guard to guard is just crazy to me.

Sorry for the soapbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 11:05 PM   #6
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

If you do not want to RS him, use him in different sub packages. I would keep him at FS although OLB could work too. I see where you have good players at all those positions already so RS would not be unsim. Big schools do it all the time. Just because your high rated Freshman doesn't mean you will see the field if guys in front of you are better.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #7
MVP

whughes's Arena

With this game, if I move a guy from OLB to MLB or guard to center I edit their awareness back up to where it was before the change because like you said it's stupid how far it drops sometimes. I'm in year 3 as head coach at Oregon State (so I guess it's a "big" school being in a power 5 conference) but my first 2 years we finished 8-5 both season and we're currently 11-2 with a loss to USC in the PAC-12 championship game. I just don't feel right red shirting him, so OLB it is for the 4-3 and then I'll formation sub him into a SS position in the 4-2-5

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 04-17-2017, 06:56 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsutiger
If you do not want to RS him, use him in different sub packages. I would keep him at FS although OLB could work too. I see where you have good players at all those positions already so RS would not be unsim. Big schools do it all the time. Just because your high rated Freshman doesn't mean you will see the field if guys in front of you are better.
It would be pretty unsim to RS a kid like this. If he's that good, he's not gonna RS. A perfect example is Rashan Gary. He was the #1 guy in the country, but Michigan's DL was SUPER stacked with SRs/JRs so, despite being the #1 recruit, there was no way that he'd start. Still, of course Michigan didn't RS him and he played 2nd string minutes.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »