Home

New COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME!!!

This is a discussion on New COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 09:54 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: New COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragfox
This project deserves some hesitation. It looks to repeat a lot of the errors of previous crowdfunding efforts.

1. In Pre-development, aka pre-production. Which means no actual work has started on the game.*
2. Developer pedigree is suspect.
3. Developer image is cultivated towards pleasing fans with little structure to do so.
4. Developer hints at further funding from a publisher after hitting their initial target, but details are deliberately vague. Should such an agreement be in place, secrecy for the publisher makes no sense. They would want the developer to hit their initial target... if the game was worthwhile. And if it wasn't worthwhile they would not make such a deal.
5. Crowdfunding on their own site prevents them from fulfilling their responsibilities should the project fall apart. Kickstarter has policies in place to do so, but other shady projects that have used their own site (Areal immediately comes to mind) have yet to bring anything to fruition. It is an act of sinking money into a project with no promise of legal reprisal. Again, funding on their own site gets them around this potential pothole.

*To have a truly successful crowdfund, you need a tech demo or some gameplay. Examining the last five years of Kickstarter games, games that delivered and those that did not, you see ample evidence of this.

Lastly, coming in here and blasting posters for expressing skepticism doesn't help your thread. Be open to what others say.
Wrong. Development team isn't IMV, the funding is going to the development team who has over 15 yrs in the business.

Sad state of affairs. To live in the past playing NCAA and being EA or 2K to make a game or allow backwards compatibility.

Hesitant for what? They have athletes committing to the the product. In 4 days they've raised over triple what the crowdfunding did. This is all on Twitter now. They update daily. Lol. You guys aren't informed man. I thought it would be much more people here that were aware. But I was wrong.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #10
Rookie

Cragfox's Arena

OVR: 0

They update about their funding every day. They retweet praise and football memes. They have not shown a glimpse of any actual work.

Your defensiveness makes you look like a marketer or someone who has already given them money. You should consider canceling while you can or invest when they have something to show other than words.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
They update about their funding every day. They retweet praise and football memes. They have not shown a glimpse of any actual work.

Your defensiveness makes you look like a marketer or someone who has already given them money. You should consider canceling while you can or invest when they have something to show other than words.
That's not true either. Lol. Again, this community is very illimformed

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:

Nah man, I'm a businessman. I studied marketing. I don't work for them nor do I have any connections to them. However I do respect what they're doing. I want to see it succeed. I've been benefitting from OS for almost 6 yrs now. I've gotten into the whole customized rosters and etc from this community. I even developed the whole idea of customizing a game from this community.

But it's sad to see how many people beg and plead with the big guys to make a game instead of seeing the truth and withhold your money.

Here you have a company, two guys just like us and people are second guessing them. So if SHADY0019 said he was making a game but needed funding, would you contribute? What about OS? What if they said, you know what, let's make a game. We have the community behind us. It seems most people are all talk and when it's time to do something, you deflect the responsibility on others.

Pitiful at best.

https://youtu.be/21_WrXvJiaQ

https://youtu.be/uD8Nju0NuM0

https://youtu.be/4O2Av_3soWQ

This stuff is on the internet. It's on YouTube, Twitter. Lol. All you have to do is search. Instead of yapping with no knowledge.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:01 AM   #13
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

As stated this has been discussed multiple times before. There are threads on IMV, and this should be in the "Other Football Games" forum.

Also - as someone who wants to see this project succeed you may want to take different tact when reasonable questions are raised.

Locked.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »