Home

Athlete recruits - what position would you put these guys at?

This is a discussion on Athlete recruits - what position would you put these guys at? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2017, 10:43 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Athlete recruits - what position would you put these guys at?

I play mostly cover 2 with corners and lb in man. I go to nickel zone if I have a team in second or third and long and the opponent likes to throw passes short of the first down marker. #2 will be the nickel back in a zone scenario.

I have a question. I've noticed on pass patterns where the receiver cuts at a 90 degree angle the defender stops and falls behind the receiver. Has anybody else noticed this and is there a fix for it?

Thanks for the replies.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #18
Rookie

Anyone wanting to join an online dynasty (Xbox) if so check my arena
Old 05-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #19
MVP

I won't dwell on this topic but recruiting and figuring out where to play some multi-talented recruits is one thing which sets NCAA apart. To update this thread I put this guy - #2 on my original list - at strong safety...

6' 2" 217 lb
speed 92
agility 88
tackle 70
hit power 72
block shedding 66
zone 75
man 72
press 78
catch 60

Week one he was NCAA defensive player of the week with three interceptions. This is coach mode using Blackrain37's challenging slider set.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:07 AM   #20
Rookie

Unless the ATH is a real stud at some position and could be a freshman starter, I use ATH's to fill in my depth chart. I have had ATH's who have played four different positions, depending where I need them. Sometimes I have poor players playing FS, so I can move him there during offseason. Sometimes to CB, to WR, to whatever. ATH's are usually good players to move around, so there is never a need for CPU to add a really bad walk-on to my roster, just that I am not in shortage of some players.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:51 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMela
Unless the ATH is a real stud at some position and could be a freshman starter, I use ATH's to fill in my depth chart. I have had ATH's who have played four different positions, depending where I need them. Sometimes I have poor players playing FS, so I can move him there during offseason. Sometimes to CB, to WR, to whatever. ATH's are usually good players to move around, so there is never a need for CPU to add a really bad walk-on to my roster, just that I am not in shortage of some players.
I just got a commitment from a 290 lb athlete who will be a freshman starter at defensive tackle. I've also found good defensive ends as athletes.

Mostly they are skill position players but if you search by weight you can find a few quick, strong linemen.

Most
Old 06-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #22
Rookie

TomSellecksMustache's Arena

OVR: 6

RB
SS
FS or CB depending on your needs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »