Home

saying what needs to be said...

This is a discussion on saying what needs to be said... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2004, 04:15 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: saying what needs to be said...

My impressions...

Awesome game, and the best installment yet. Dynasty mode rocks. Gameplay is awesome. Online, my only gripe is that everyone sucks so they have to use an A team. I'll keep using my B teams, and I'll keep giving them a run, too.

Worth my money, at least.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:23 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvlawguy
I havent had a problem with the drops. I have my WR catch at 12 and cpu catch at 20. We both drop 3-4 balls a game. I think that is realistic. Sometimes balls get dropped in key situations, but that is real football.

I think cpu playcalling is exceptional this year. I have no qualms about the game (playing on Heisman though is rediculous this year). The one thing that is clear is that when the cpu gets hot, its lights out. Momentum is huge now, which actually makes the game very fun.

It makes me giggle that so many people have given up on the game because they cant take Alabama A&I to the NC game in year two. Give me a break. Unless you are playing an Elite 10 team, you shouldnt be smoking top teams so easily.

As far as drops, adjust your sliders and quit whining so much. Or coach your receivers better - bring them in for some extra film study or make them run some extra drills during the week.

that was either sarcasm or your in the wrong forum

and for the guy who maxed out the catch slider...the cpu never drops one, LOL...your d must be crazy

but there are issues with 2005, as long as nobody ignores them
Old 08-08-2004, 04:36 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
that was either sarcasm or your in the wrong forum
I don't see why you would say that. I thought his post was very good and don't see anything sarcastic or stupid about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 04:38 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
I don't see why you would say that. I thought his post was very good and don't see anything sarcastic or stupid about it.

Or coach your receivers better - bring them in for some extra film study or make them run some extra drills during the week.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:50 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
Or coach your receivers better - bring them in for some extra film study or make them run some extra drills during the week.
Jordan0386...1
Dallasin2k3...0

Old 08-08-2004, 09:11 AM   #38
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I just wanted to say that I agree with what the original poster said.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:19 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
My impressions...

Awesome game, and the best installment yet. Dynasty mode rocks. Gameplay is awesome. Online, my only gripe is that everyone sucks so they have to use an A team. I'll keep using my B teams, and I'll keep giving them a run, too.

Worth my money, at least.
I'm with you Dallasin2K3. NCAA 2005 is an awesome game, and by far the best sports game I have ever played (MVP Baseball has a chance to change my mind next year). I'm going to write a letter to Tiburon, because I don't think they are getting the credit they are due in a lot of reviews and individual posts on internet forums. I don't see any gameplay issues on the PS2 version of the game. I have already played 7 full seasons since release, and I'm more impressed with the game every season I play. I can honestly say, for the first time ever, if they didn't make another installment of the game, I would be totally content to play 2005 for the rest of my life. Or atleast until the next generation consoles come out and they make NCAA Football for those systems.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:44 AM   #40
MVP

Badgun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDDogs
Maybe the gameplay is similar to last years, but this game is different and is better, I do not have a problem with drops, my problem is that I am not very good at reading defenses, I like the fact that it is hard. Last night CSU's QB hit me up for 250 yards on 13-27-1td-1int, I knocked down a few of the balls, I think they dropped one but it was not an easy catch. I was 12 for 29 with only one drop that should of been caught. The ball got tipped by the d lineman two or three times, I over threw a few guys, and the db's broke up a few passes, mostly I am not good at passing yet, but I am getting better.

But to say that this game is the same as last year in wrong, home field advantage is a great new feature, the atmosphere is a ton better, create a playbook is a great option, offseason recruiting has been changed for the better, there is a lot I find better about this game, and the only thing I find worse is the occasional slowdown on the X-box.

I play on AA with Jistic's ver. 2 sliders and they are the best out there that I have seen.

Not too mention the cpu running game has improved a ton this year, the cpu will continue to run the ball, especially if they are a running team, even if it is not working right away.
I, too, play on AA using Jistic's sliders, but I have a total different opinion than you do. To begin with, I went through my first 10 games with FSU undefeated. Finally in game 11, I lost to NC State. I finished the season 12-1 and got a Fiesta Bowl bid against #3 Ohio State, who I beat 24-7. What's troubling to me is I beat Miami, Florida, Ohio State, and Maryland all the while completing only 30% of my passes. It's probably the only reason I still play the game because I can win completing 30% of my passes. I'd be willing to bet that if you could somehow collect stats for this, that 95% of the time teams completing 30% of their passes will lose. For me, Chris Rix finished the season 88-234 for 2304 yards, 21 TDs and 9 INTs. Those stats were good enough to get him an honorable mention for qb of the year? Huh? 30% passing gets you ranked #5 for qb of the year? Yep, but I'm sure the game was only looking at his yardage and TDs and not the overall performance.

So my problem is that I know that I shouldn't win most of my games throwing for 30%, but somehow I do. That really takes away from the immersion factor of the game for me. Also, when I have 3rd and 8, I almost always run the ball because I feel I have a better chance getting it on the ground than through the air. When I'm in 3rd and 10 or longer, I will almost always throw the bomb and it usually works more times than not, except when you have 7 guys covering your receiver.

So while I manage to get some enjoyment out of the game, I feel like they completely ruined the passing game, which in turn makes the game feel totally unrealistic because you can still win completing 30% of your passes. The only reason I will even continue to play it is to have a few real draft classes to import into Madden. If I want to play a real college football game, I'll break out NCAA 2004

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »