Home

New Life Being Breathed Into The Game!!

This is a discussion on New Life Being Breathed Into The Game!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2017, 02:50 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
New Life Being Breathed Into The Game!!

Have you guys seen this yet???

https://youtu.be/yhBQOeNfaq8

https://youtu.be/AEnFJcWAIaQ

Check out these dudes channel if you get a chance.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 06-17-2017 at 02:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #2
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Life Being Breathed Into The Game!!

To me, this looks like a bad overlay onto a video. There is no way this is a mod like they claim. First thing I noticed is the left side of the team logos are messed up with the scoring overlay for the scoring box. Sure, that could be adjusted if this were a real mod. However, if you watch at the 8:54 mark when FSU scores a touchdown, their score changes from 0 to 7, even though the extra point hasn't even been attempted yet. You can also see the top edges of the EA graphics peaking above their overlay from time to time.

Alas, this seems to just be a childish attempt to get youtube followers.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:45 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfeenathan
To me, this looks like a bad overlay onto a video. There is no way this is a mod like they claim. First thing I noticed is the left side of the team logos are messed up with the scoring overlay for the scoring box. Sure, that could be adjusted if this were a real mod. However, if you watch at the 8:54 mark when FSU scores a touchdown, their score changes from 0 to 7, even though the extra point hasn't even been attempted yet. You can also see the top edges of the EA graphics peaking above their overlay from time to time.

Alas, this seems to just be a childish attempt to get youtube followers.

This video was a rough draft of what they are trying to do. I would probably wait and see what their finished work is before condemning it. A new overlay would be a welcome addition to a game that's a few years old. I bet you though...if when they are done that this is legit and it looks good...you'll be using it lol.

I've seen what can be done to older games like MVP Baseball 05, MLB 2k12, NBA 2k14 so I'm a be checking for them.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 06-17-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #4
MVP

whughes's Arena

I personally don't like it. I don't like having anything on the screen during a play. The score box being in the field of play would drive me insane. And everything is too sharp. The score ticker looks out of place, it doesn't blend well. That's more my personal taste though. But I wouldn't use this "mod" simply because of the score box being in the field of play and not being hidden while the ball is in play

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 06-17-2017, 11:31 AM   #5
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
This video was a rough draft of what they are trying to do. I would probably wait and see what their finished work is before condemning it. A new overlay would be a welcome addition to a game that's a few years old. I bet you though...if when they are done that this is legit and it looks good...you'll be using it lol.

I've seen what can be done to older games like MVP Baseball 05, MLB 2k12, NBA 2k14 so I'm a be checking for them.
Personally, I don't care about updated overlays or even uniforms. If they are just putting lipstick on the game, I definitely won't be using it. I also do not have a modded 360, nor do I see myself ever wanting to take it that far.

This may be an overlay of what they hope they can do, but I don't see any point in creating this if you don't know how to go beyond. I'd rather see a VERY rough overlay that is actually a part of the game than this poor attempt. Their responses to others comments lead me to believe they have no clue how to take this beyond smoke and mirrors. Maybe it will inspire others to work on it, but the original poster seems to be quite clueless.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but I don't see enough to warrant true excitement either. This falls into the same category of the IMV effort for me as well, which is "much ado about nothing." I'm a long time fan of the franchise and hope for it's return. Until then, I'll just make the most I can with what I have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2017, 01:37 PM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Fair enough...we all like what we like. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #7
Banned

martywebb's Arena

I'm not so sure this is even a like vs. dislikes argument. This is a prototype video at best because I believe it's been debunked already as a fake.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #8
Banned

martywebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom

All games with PC Ports from the developer, I believe. NCAA has no port and no known ability to do such (which I think would have happened by now if it was.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »