Home

NCAA Football 18: A Game So Good, We Truly Wished We Could Play It All Day

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 18: A Game So Good, We Truly Wished We Could Play It All Day within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2017, 10:09 PM   #17
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NCAA Football 18: A Game So Good, We Truly Wished We Could Play It All Day

NCAA was the only game I truly got excited about. This game brought me to Operation Sports. All the early gameplay videos and endless threads of impressions, complaints, request, it was crazy.

I had to dig out my old copies just to look at. Some how I misplaced 12 and 13

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

Last edited by fsufan4423; 07-26-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:09 PM   #18
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I miss the NCAA Football series new releases a lot, but fortunately I still play NCAA 14 regularly. It was such a solid release, and better than Madden for several years to follow, that NCAA 14 still plays great today. I hope EA works out the licensing situation, but if things remain fragmented, maybe a limited release with a few of the big schools in Madden would be a good way to begin building towards a full, separate product launch again. Heck, I would be thrilled if EA just released the community tools in a generic game and let the community fill in the blanks like PES.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:24 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I hear declare every 2nd Tuesday of July is the official "**** Ed obannon day"
Old 07-13-2017, 01:14 AM   #20
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

I love this series so much, it is what brought me here to join OS. I still have all my copies of NCAA Football for the PS2 and PS3, and continue to play NCAA 14 on a regular basis. I would have really liked the additions of the playoff, which would have been a part of this year's game.

Plus, the Charlotte radio station even played The Clash's "Train in Vain" (part of the soundtrack on NCAA 06) on what would have probably been this year's release date.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:51 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 13

It's interesting that in this day and age of incredible hardware and ever-improving games in virtually every other genre, sports gaming has never been in worse shape. There is 1 option for NFL, NBA, and NHL. There is no baseball game on Xbox. There are no college sports games period. It's almost like sports games are moving backwards as the rest of the industry moves forward....

I can't even go back and play the last release (NCAA 14) because it's not for sale on the Xbox marketplace and is at borderline extortionist prices at places that do have the game! Interesting times, fellas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2017, 03:38 AM   #22
Rookie

TheWalkingCash's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
It's interesting that in this day and age of incredible hardware and ever-improving games in virtually every other genre, sports gaming has never been in worse shape. There is 1 option for NFL, NBA, and NHL. There is no baseball game on Xbox. There are no college sports games period. It's almost like sports games are moving backwards as the rest of the industry moves forward....

I can't even go back and play the last release (NCAA 14) because it's not for sale on the Xbox marketplace and is at borderline extortionist prices at places that do have the game! Interesting times, fellas.
Hopefully the sports gaming industry will reset itself in the next decade.

Pelicans

Redskins
Old 07-13-2017, 07:22 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 35
Reminds me of a mock review of College Hoops 2k12 I wrote for OS. That would have been the greatest game ever.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:54 AM   #24
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
We need another NCAA footabll game EA!

Would love to see this come back one day. An integration *with Madden football would be sweet as well! Import draft class etc..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »