Home

Best online game?

This is a discussion on Best online game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Best online game?

Storytime...

I joined a 32 team tourney today to see how it would go. Haven't actually played in one yet. I joined up and went to pick my team, seeing all the Miami's and OU's taken up. I stuck with TCU naturally (anyone can win with an A team), and when the first round rolled around I drew Florida as my opponent. The guy was 105-54, and rank ~400. He shows up a few minutes later, and I challenge him for the game. He starts a voice chat with me saying he refuses to play on the road and that if I don't play at his place, he will just not play and we both forefit. At this point I'm already irritated at this overgrown 3 year old but I decide to play anyway.

He plays typical semi-cheesy offense and goes up 14-0 in the first. I'm determined to stomp him on his home turf though, so I don't give up. I drive down the field in the 2nd but settle for a FG. 14-3 him at the half.

I turn on the defense in the 2nd half, and score 16 unanswered points. At this point he refuses to talk to me anymore (lol). 19-14. I go for 2 but fail. So that's what it remains with about 3:00 left. He goes 3 and out, punts. I drive into his territory, only to miss a 40 yard FG with :59 left. He throws all the way down the field to my 30 yard line, where he eventually faces a 4th and 25 (post-sack), with :35 left. He throws up a prayer and his WR catches it. I'm kicking myself now, as there's only :28 left on the clock. He goes for two, but fails - still have hope as it's 20-19. I get the ball and line up on my own 30 with 20 seconds left on the clock.

I drop Brandon Hassel back on a Shotgun-Spread, Deep Attack, and lob one DEEP to Reggie Harrell, where he catches it in triple coverage with 11 seconds left. Timeout. One quick slant completion makes a FG easier, and I call another timeout with :02 left on the clock. I line up for the 30 yarder and nail it to win 22-20.

What a punk. Just had to tell somebody, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 06:31 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Best online game?

Nicely done. What is TCU's rank?

I can beat A , not A+ yet, teams with UNM, which is a B- team, thanks in large part to my O-line and my surprise 92 rated RB.

I love the challenge of playing on the road, everything except for the fact that my QB has Zero composure almost all the time even at home games
Old 08-08-2004, 06:49 PM   #3
MVP

TCU is unranked. At least in the game, although they are a B. Not sure about real life.

Last edited by Dallasin2K3; 08-08-2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:58 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

glad to see some more good competition come into the MWC with the addition next year to TCU.

where is TCU located? D/FW area?
Old 08-08-2004, 07:00 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyHoppIII
glad to see some more good competition come into the MWC with the addition next year to TCU.

where is TCU located? D/FW area?
It's in Fort Worth. The MWC should be exciting in the years to come, I'll give you that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 07:33 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

You've basically got a heisman winner next year, when Dontrell returns for his senior year.

it's gonna be hot
Old 08-08-2004, 08:39 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Good story. It's always great when you beat someone like that. I just played this guy yesterday in what has been my most enjoyable NCAA game to date. He was Va Tech, I was Notre Dame. He puts in Vick and runs a no huddle the entire game. As we're playing, we get to talking about ESPN, and I tell him I think it's a better game than NCAA. This sets off a typical low grade conversation about how ESPN is junk and must be junk because it's $20, and how Madden always sells more, yada yada, I played it once and hated it. As this is going on, he jumps out to a quick 14-0 lead, as I have to basically keep zone blitzing to contain the scrambles which leads to two of the typical garbage longball plays. He starts talking a lot of junk about how I prefer ESPN because I suck at NCAA (and I was sucking at the moment, as I threw a pick and had a fumble on a kickoff). At the end of the half, he's up 28-7. But of course he shows the football sense of a snail. He decides he's going to keep on running no huddle in the second half as well. My defense settles down, I intercept him, get a short field, punch it in for a touchdown. 28-14. On the kickoff he runs into traffic and I strip the ball away and recover it all the down at his three. Two plays later, it's 28-21. He takes the ball and no huddles it all the way down to my goalline, where I get tough and clamp him down. Rather than doing the sensible thing and take the points, he decides to go for it from the one. I stuff him. He's pretty quiet now. I go on a mammoth six minute, 99 yard drive that results in a tying touchdown. It's mid fourth quarter now. He no huddles some more, I shut it down, but he chucks his third long ball completion of the game and gets himself into field goal range. 31-28. I then proceed to execute a very matter of fact two minute drill all the way down the field, running in the go ahead touchdown with three seconds left. He pauses the game, says, "Man, this is bullsh*t," and quits.

I get all my stats emailed to me, and I think I'm going to hold onto that one for a while.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:13 AM   #8
MVP

Haha, what a douchebag. Those really are the best ones, though. Even better than beating a stand-up guy like that. I'd much rather beat the lil' 8 year old in a 20 year olds' body punk type guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »